Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: SACA Wilson Tournament Results

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SACA Wilson Tournament Results

It has never crossed my mind to launch my boat at saylight at 19 degrees, but I did. Our tournmaent started at fleet harbor with 7 teams and ice along the edges of the lake. The wind was calm, but got stronger as the day progressed. Most teams launched and waited a while before heading out, but a few went ahead. A couple of us had to wait for our streering cables to thaw. They were frozen solid. I have a catch area on my transom that had water in it. It was frozen solid and had to poor coffee over it to get the plug out. We were dipping our rods in the water until about 10:00 to get the ice off the eyes. Ladies and gentlemen, it was Canada cold.

Thank goodness the sun was out, but the fishing was slow for us. Most fished in Shoals Creek most of the day. Once the wind got up, it was one of the few places you could fish, and the main lake was impossible.

I am proud of Brad Whitehead. He simply ran the table and put it to us. He had done his homework and found a 20 foot ditch running along side the main channel. He marked it with his bouys and proceeded to tightline/slow troll with his minnow tubes. He caught some good ones. The rest of us were simply tryint to catch a few fish while Brad was culling at 12:00. Good job Brad and the rest of us for simply going on a day like today. The SACA have dedicated folks. They proved that we are not fair weather fishermen.

Here are the results:

1st Brad Whitehead 7.69
    2nd Keith Dodd, Donald Ledbetter 2.16
    3rd David Waters 1.38
    4th Jeff WHite .95
    Pat Stegall -
    Mark Mitchell -
    JIm Lovett, GC Nichols -

Our next tournament is not until February. It will be on Cedar Lake. See you guys after hunting season
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up character builder

I came, I saw, I... er, well I was there, anyway :D
    Survived Alabama Freeze-out '05

Post Thanks / Like

Hey jwhite, what happened to the big cranks ???? Wish I could have been there:D , but some of us have to work . Brad called as soon as he thawed out last night. Think his head may have swelled a little. Hope to get to fish at least one tournament with yall.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=krappiekrazy]Hey jwhite, what happened to the big cranks ????

Well, I went to try 'em, and they jumped back in the boat - too cold, I
    guess. Can't really blame them though. There will be other days, warmer
    ones, I hope!

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats guys

Congrats guys Hey J White congradulations least you showed lol well I better not say nothing else just wanted you to know I am still rooting for ya lol Mississippi boys gotta stick together. Well let me quit before The Admin deletes my post.

Post Thanks / Like

My last trip out started at 19 degrees. I never got a bit cold. I guess cause I had so much clothes on, also the wind wasnt blowing. I didnt do so well early on, but when it warmed up a little later, I had 23 keepers. Wish i didnt have to work and could jin you guys sometime for the socializm