Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for about Double Hook Rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for about Double Hook Rigs

I'm going to try something new. Well, actually, two things new to me. I'm going to tie some Capps and Coleman Rigs up by the diagrams I've seen around. I'm going to tie them with flourocarbon line that I will attach to high vis monofiliment. When tying these with a your leader material, would you tie more leader material above the three way swivel or just tie the high vis on the top side of the three way swivel.

Also I'm going to run a weight inline from the swivel to my last hook on the bottom. Is there a loop knot that would work to set that in place without having to tie two separate knots? The weight is a egg weight with a loop that I believe you would actually use for a kentucky rig.
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Post Thanks / Like

i took one of the capp and coleman rigs apart to see how they were made one time. It isnt a knot at all. the leader is simply laced through the egg sinker about five or six times and you leave enough for a 8 inch or so leader to your bottom hook. then roughly 20 inches above the egg sinker you tie to the bottom of the three way. tie more leader material to side leg of three way and put hook about 8 in from 3 way. top leg of three way goes directly to main line. I made up a bunch with hooks on both, and some with hooks at the bottom and jigs at the top. I put them individually into a little ziplock bag for storage till i need them.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry comp. problem!
    Last edited by ReelfootYankee; 02-25-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Just tie your weight with a palomar and leave the tag long enough to space out your bottom jig, should work fine.