Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O the Pines-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lake O the Pines-Crappie

Well I'm back!!! If you havn't been to Lake O the Pines Lately.. I don't blame you. But THE HUNT IS ON! Saturday is a beautiful Day. The Lake is down about 5 feet it looks like more but its not. You can still launch @ Johnson, Buckhorn and Sandy Beach. Hurricane is also launchable but I wouldn't launch a Battleship there . Reports have been Awful to Great but poor fishing has been due to the weather. The feeding grounds are dry land now and forcing the bait fish into deeper water. The Water is pretty warm still but is cooling fast now and it has been 3 days since the last front. Fish are not in the Channels yet, but getting some nice ones between 9 and 18 feet. I am not going to miss "catching" today and tommarrow even if it hairlips the Pope. If you are not at LOP this weekend you are missing the Boat :D. Getting medium Minnows at Johnson Creek Market. I will post tonight and let you know how many fish I cleaned.

Wild Bill
    Johnson Creek Market
    9069 FM729
    Avinger, Texas 75630
    PH- 903-755-3156
    Fax- 903-755-4425
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Bill Ritter-Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bill, wer'e waiting for your reply to your thread. You haven't posted yet. Should we look for a "HAIRLIPPED POPE" or did you catch so many that you are still cleaning them. HeHeHe. Later R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Hey Bill, wer'e waiting for your reply to your thread. You haven't posted yet. Should we look for a "HAIRLIPPED POPE" or did you catch so many that you are still cleaning them. HeHeHe. Later R & R

Now thats a fuuny "HAIRLIPPED POPE"

ya done good R&R

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad to see you back

Hey Bill,
    I'm glad to see you reporting again. RnR has been over there a few times and a fishin' buddy from Marshall both tell me the bite is OFF over the last month or so. I KNOW they are bound to turn on soon and I won't be able to go anywhere but LOP when that happens. When you say come,,,,,,I'm commin' to see ya.
    I launched my 1544 three weeks ago at Hurricane and didn't have a problem. The right side is deepest and I had to just pull my boat up on the ramp to park the truck since its too shallow on either side. Caught 4 on some tops I put out.
    Please stay active on this board and we'll all come. seeya, Don