Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any shad reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any shad reports?

I know it wont be long before the shad start thier run in the nuese and the roanoke. Anyone tried them yet? I cant wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Same!

Post Thanks / Like

Shad fishing has picked up on the Neuse (Pitch Kettle Creek and Contentnea Creek). Water levels are much better but could fall another foot or so to be ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

heard of a few in the Tar too.

Plan on the Roanoke staying HIGH for a while longer. Weldon ramp is not finished but will be usable. Get there EARLY as the ramp upgrades have decreased available parking - add a lane and decrease parking.....hmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of ramps,I noticed last year there is another one on the other side of the river Just slightly above Weldon.. If my memory serves me correct you can see it from I-95..Anyone ever use that, and Most imprtantly..is it safe up there?

Post Thanks / Like

there is one on the NW side of Roanoke Rapids (the area is actually called Gaston) where the hwy 48 bridge crosses the river. It is shallow and rocky up there. Flows will likely be high this year so you may be ok but BE CAREFUL. Dangerwise its similiar to the area above the big drop at Weldon. A cool trip to do would be to launch a canoe there and take out at Weldon. Heard there is excellent bass fishing in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Sign up for the Yahoo group, NC-SHAD. Lots of email reports coming daily the past couple of weeks.