Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random act of generosity

Post Thanks / Like

Default Random act of generosity

I am happy to report that there are still good people in this world…. In these tough economic times that some times bring out the worst in people, it completely amazed me to be on the receiving end of a random act of generosity. Let me explain – a few weeks back I joined this user forum and posted my first message – the content of the message was along the lines of “Tackle suggestions for a new guy” were I was simply trying to get recommendations for some tackle to purchase before the spring spawn. I received many good suggestion and now have a comprehensive list of items to take to Bass Pro with me to get stocked up. To be honest that really was all I was looking for and was happy to have a lot of responses. One of the responses was simply “PM sent”. After seeing this post I read a message from one of our members asking for my home address so he could mail me some tackle to try out. I was very surprised by this, but sent my address along with an advanced thank you for the offer. Well to my surprise, I forgot all about it until a package arrived in my mail box with a strange name on it. When I got in the house I opened it to my complete surprise there was a very nice note along with a TON of new tackle items – four packages of tubes, several packages of jig heads of differing sizes some larger hair style jigs, custom hand tied jigs, a cool looking bobber, and some really interesting plastic body jigs in different color combinations. I could not believe how generous a complete stranger was to not only send me all this tackle – but to pay for the shipping as well. It really made me believe that there are still good people in this world. The board member who sent them to me made the offer through a private message as not to show boat his generosity – but I felt it was appropriate to give a sincere thank you to Dave aka 78mudbug for sharing his tackle with a complete stranger. Once again Dave – thank you very much you have reinforced my belief that in this crazy world we all live in – there are still good hearted people who are willing to not only share their knowledge about fishing but also their generosity.

Tom DiBiasio
    Last edited by tdibiasio; 02-24-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Jiggin_Joe is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree not to many people that would do this but that mudbug is a great guy.

welcome to the site and I'm sure you will learn alot here I know I have.

JJ
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jokerpoker/logo.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

your more than welcome my friend.hope this helps u out.thanks for the fine words:D

Post Thanks / Like

first off welcome to c.com as for your post well thats the reson most of us are here so many nice down to earth good poeple on theses bourds and as for mudbug he is one of the good ones for sure
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

That is some cool stuff right there! I have found that many fishermen are quite generous and helpful to others. Nice going mudbug!

Post Thanks / Like

mudbug your a down right good guy...

Post Thanks / Like

I shall tip a pint in 78mudbug's honor.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great post and a greater gesture!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

big ridge im tipping now:D

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your story with us. There are some of the best people here on Crappie.com that you will ever come across anywhere Thanks for your helping another crappie fisherman 78mudbugs, you are what makes this site so great
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast