PDA

View Full Version : Random act of generosity

tdibiasio
02-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I am happy to report that there are still good people in this world…. In these tough economic times that some times bring out the worst in people, it completely amazed me to be on the receiving end of a random act of generosity. Let me explain – a few weeks back I joined this user forum and posted my first message – the content of the message was along the lines of “Tackle suggestions for a new guy” were I was simply trying to get recommendations for some tackle to purchase before the spring spawn. I received many good suggestion and now have a comprehensive list of items to take to Bass Pro with me to get stocked up. To be honest that really was all I was looking for and was happy to have a lot of responses. One of the responses was simply “PM sent”. After seeing this post I read a message from one of our members asking for my home address so he could mail me some tackle to try out. I was very surprised by this, but sent my address along with an advanced thank you for the offer. Well to my surprise, I forgot all about it until a package arrived in my mail box with a strange name on it. When I got in the house I opened it to my complete surprise there was a very nice note along with a TON of new tackle items – four packages of tubes, several packages of jig heads of differing sizes some larger hair style jigs, custom hand tied jigs, a cool looking bobber, and some really interesting plastic body jigs in different color combinations. I could not believe how generous a complete stranger was to not only send me all this tackle – but to pay for the shipping as well. It really made me believe that there are still good people in this world. The board member who sent them to me made the offer through a private message as not to show boat his generosity – but I felt it was appropriate to give a sincere thank you to Dave aka 78mudbug for sharing his tackle with a complete stranger. Once again Dave – thank you very much you have reinforced my belief that in this crazy world we all live in – there are still good hearted people who are willing to not only share their knowledge about fishing but also their generosity.

Tom DiBiasio

Jiggin_Joe
02-24-2010, 08:33 PM
I agree not to many people that would do this but that mudbug is a great guy.

welcome to the site and I'm sure you will learn alot here I know I have.

JJ

78mudbug
02-24-2010, 08:33 PM
your more than welcome my friend.hope this helps u out.thanks for the fine words:D

gabulldog
02-24-2010, 08:35 PM
first off welcome to c.com as for your post well thats the reson most of us are here so many nice down to earth good poeple on theses bourds and as for mudbug he is one of the good ones for sure

AZfisherdude
02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
That is some cool stuff right there! I have found that many fishermen are quite generous and helpful to others. Nice going mudbug!

PBUG2009
02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
mudbug your a down right good guy...

Big Ridge Brewer
02-24-2010, 08:43 PM
I shall tip a pint in 78mudbug's honor.

Speck
02-24-2010, 08:49 PM
What a great post and a greater gesture!

78mudbug
02-24-2010, 09:11 PM
big ridge im tipping now:D

STUMP HUNTER
02-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your story with us. There are some of the best people here on Crappie.com that you will ever come across anywhere :) Thanks for your helping another crappie fisherman 78mudbugs, you are what makes this site so great ;)

AtticaFish
02-24-2010, 09:16 PM
big ridge im tipping now:D

Here, here... me three! :D

Very nice of ya mudbug. :) Hope you catch some fish on the gear tdibiasio.

LedHed
02-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey Tom

Welcome from So Cal.

Hey 78mb - I'm just learning how to fish too and could you help...........

Good job

78mudbug
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
no prob brother what u need:D

jaxsprat
02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your story with us. There are some of the best people here on Crappie.com that you will ever come across anywhere :) Thanks for your helping another crappie fisherman 78mudbugs, you are what makes this site so great ;)

Times 2

WantinCrappie
02-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Very nice Mudbug.

Thanks for sharing your story.

mrwillis
02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
The whole site is like that. I can remember people helping out with a new fishing camp through a church camp. I can remember helping, myself, by sending some money to someone who needed some. Shoot, if you run into me on the water and your day isn't going well, I will hand over a jar of Crappie niblets and a package of jig heads and a package of tubes that are working for us. The way I look at it, and I know some of you aren't church-goer's, but God's love is free, and He has blessed us with what we have (being the outdoors, the boats and equipment we use, the fish we catch, and the bodies we have). So, God's love is free and so is what we give. My other saying that I tell everyone...PAY IT FORWARD! You know how much it meant to you, how awesome for you to make someone else feel that way.

I'm only 33 years old, but life is too short not to give of yourself a little here and there. You can't take it with you...LOL!

Cane Pole
02-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm taking mine with me!

Cane Pole
02-24-2010, 10:56 PM
no prob brother what u need:D

Do gooder....:):):)

the wonder
02-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Never seen a hurst with a luggage rack or a trailer hitch for
a boat! Neither a custom casket with a 250 merc, trolling motor, &
rod holders! Get in, sit down, & shut up ! no pun intended.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fatman
02-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Nice!!! Not alot of folks would do things like that, but I've seen it many times on this site!!!

Fatman

HARLEYBOY
02-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Way to go MUDBUG !!!! You the MAN
And welcome Tom B, these guys are great !!! and very helpfull

catman
02-25-2010, 09:20 AM
welcome to the forum tom, thanks for sharing this story.:) very cool mudbug.:)

78mudbug
02-25-2010, 09:31 PM
thanks for the comments everyone.i was just trying to help another fisherman out.i have gave lots of gear away to people i work with and a few times to strangers to try and help them catch crappie.ive got more than i could ever use :D and keep on buying more:eek:

Big Ridge Brewer
02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
This story makes me want to tip another pint. Ok.....I'll do it for the love of fishing & goodwill.

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
I will tip to that. Nice

Herewego
02-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Good deed mudbug

Redy2Fish
02-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I received many good suggestion and now have a comprehensive list of items to take to Bass Pro with me to get stocked up.

Another suggestion, check out Monk's website, he has about anything you may need at very competitive prices!

Monk's Crappie (http://monkscrappie.com/)

Shine Runner
02-26-2010, 10:38 PM
This story makes me want to tip another pint. Ok.....I'll do it for the love of fishing & goodwill.

Aye....and another here.......welcome aboard TD........and 78mudbug thank you for being an ambassador of crappie fishermen and crappie.com'ers..............

yankee doodler
02-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Yup it's those time when you run into people like Mudbug that enforce the belief that there still are good people around. Hats off to you Mudbug!

tritonman
02-27-2010, 08:13 AM
way to go there 78mudbug!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND thanks for sharing the words of hope for this world we live in tdibiasio

skeetbum
02-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I've always felt that we, the folks on the water, are the ambassadors of this sport. Pro or rookie, people see the gear or the boat and associate you with others doing the same. If we make a good impression, especially a first impression, our image in the public eye improves. More and more there is legislation to regulate or eliminate our heritage and freeedoms in the outdoors and we need all the help we can get. Good job, Mudbug. My hats off to you.