Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: winter fishing anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default winter fishing anyone?

well it looks like its gonna be time to get the auger out...was hoping to spend the Xmas break in the boat over at Fall River and Toronto but with this cold spell and the ice coming on it doesn't look good. Although may be able to hit Melvern for it usually can take more cold than the other two. Just know that since it hit 40 (water temp) they well be stack up on each other. Hope to hear from someone and their adventures soon...

drifter
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

melvern is open should be entire lake by tomorrow
    pretty good action lots of different depths

al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

Default melvern...

have a friend that has been hitting it of late and doing well. Told me that most of the coves are frozen (eagles nest almost all the way to the main lake). Was gonna go tomorrow but with that snow coming in tonight and tomorrow will wait. Toronto and Fall River have ice on 90% of water. May have a chance this year to go on the ice as well as hit melvern on the water. Can't wait till Xmas break....
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible

ksucat Guest

It's been good all week so far at Melvern. Not too windy. Plenty of boats though. Fished near Turkey Point.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Melvern have a good population of Crappie? I have been by the lake but never fished it. My daughter lives 15 miles North of there and I thought this summer I might take the Grand Daughters fishing there. Catch a big'un!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Catching a few

As of yesterday I was told the Melervin (sp) was going hot on crappie at the marina.
    Marion lake (big one) was doing great in the river for white bass and crapppie.

Marion county lake is doing so-so on crappie.
    The Crappie are always biting better yesterday - I'm always a day late.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Blue Water!! Good fish'in to ya!!

IctSean Guest

Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum... So I'll jump right to it... you all were talkin about Fall River earlier in the thread.. any new reports from there?? best spots in Jan and Feb to go out there?? I've not fished that lake since I was a kid. thanks for any responses..
    Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IctSean
    Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum... So I'll jump right to it... you all were talkin about Fall River earlier in the thread.. any new reports from there?? best spots in Jan and Feb to go out there?? I've not fished that lake since I was a kid. thanks for any responses..
    Sean
    Went there during Xmas break and saw plenty of fish (specially along the river up North and around the bluffs). Catching a few nice fish in brush piles we put in near 20 ft of water. Brush piles along the river haven't produced. Catching a lot of dinks at the dam. Sooner or later they are gonna go and it should be good. Probably one of the best lakes around for quality fish, specially if you can put the numbers together. Last two winters have been terrific for us but it usually happened during the last of Dec and January. Toronto can be a good producer also.

Post Thanks / Like

broken bridge at marion lake has been hot lately for some 10 + crappie.
    The Crappie are always biting better yesterday - I'm always a day late.