Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deam Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deam Lake

Has anyone fished this lake? I know its small but every time I have been there, no one is there. Plan on taking my boat down in May but dont want to waste a trip if the fishing is poor.

Thanks, Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Deam lake can be pretty good at times. Not a whole lot of people will agree with me, but I will tell you first hand, there are fish to be caught. Bass are very plentiful but small, the lake is loaded with catfish but also on the small side. Bluegill fishing used to be great but in the last couple years the big fish have not been there. The crappie fishing is good during the spawn, or late fall. The rest of the year they are very hard to catch. I have pulled a couple from this lake around the lb. mark, but thats not very common. Lots and lots of smaller crappie are all over the lake. You will catch them mostly around the 6 to 8" mark, but you can catch them all day. The lake is loaded with laydowns and cover and fish will be on just about every one. Good luck, fish the lake in the early spring, once the spawn is over, hang it up. This lake gets over crowded, with swimmers, sailboats, and lots of other distractions that will ruin a fishing trip.
    Last edited by Locator79; 02-24-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944