Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: float n fly jig?

Post Thanks / Like

Default float n fly jig?

anyone know where you can get a deal on these jigs???only ones i can find are very exspensive. thanx , keith

Post Thanks / Like

This might sound dumb but i don,t think i have ever saw a jig like that if you can post a pix for me i would appreciate seeing one
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Post Thanks / Like

at work rite now dont have cap. to pst pic. great lookin jig made of craft hair for fishin under float for smallmouth in tenn. i think. but work great for crappie!!

Post Thanks / Like

You might want at look at the Punisher Jig page. I am going over to Dale Hollow in Dec. To use my float-n-fly rod from B-n-M rods and see how well it can handle the punishment of a smallie. I can not want wait to go. Oh here is another one you might check out www.cumberlandpro.com I just got some of there jigs tonight at one of the local tackel store here in town.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

you also might want to check with Crappiepappy. He got someone to give jigs for the Spring Fling that would make great fly like what you are looking for.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanx fishin3 ,punisher is what i'm looking for!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What's up, Doc ?

Are you looking for FnF jigs for Smallmouth, or just looking for some nice jigs for Crappie fishing (using a float) ??

Most jigs sold specifically under the FnF use moniker, ARE pretty expensive ... running around $1.29 each or higher. I've even seen a "float", specifically designed for FnF use (weighted to set at an angle) ... that runs $4 & change for ONE ...LOL!!

Craft hair jigs seem to be the mainstay of FnF jigs for Bass ... but, for Crappie - marabou and other materials are also good. Most any 1/32-1/16oz leadhead/hair type jig will work fine. We have members that tie some really great looking jigs of this type, and some will even tie "custom ordered" ones (your choice of colors, materials, weight, hook size, etc).
    Here's some of the ones I know about, that make some great looking jigs:

P&S Custom Tackle
    Crappie Magic
    Zigs Jigs
    Jigs by Dirk

You will pay a little more for "custom" or "hand-tied" jigs ... but, you can get that "one of a kind" type of jig, not seen on store shelves. But, if you're just looking for a cheap jig to cast under a float for Crappie ... then the store bought marabou jigs are about as cheap as you will find. Cabela's, Bass Pro, Wally World, your local tackle outlet, or any retail store with a fishing dept. will usually have a multitude of various styles and colors.

Float-n-fly, Float & Fly, Floatin' Fly, Float/Fly, Jig/Bobber, or whatever you want to call it - is just a "method", of presenting a bait to the fish. This "method" was probably originated by Crappie anglers ... and, the "other species" anglers just borrowed the technique, and tweaked/refined it for their own purposes.

You can find contact info for the jig makers I've listed, here : http://www.crappie.com/pmd/

OR - for P&S Custom Tackle - email Paul Mullins at: [email protected] ......... luck2ya .....cp

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 2fshmore
    This might sound dumb but i don,t think i have ever saw a jig like that if you can post a pix for me i would appreciate seeing one

2FM - here's the basic idea of what most FnF (Bass) jigs will look like : http://www.punisherjigs.com/html/f___fly_jigs.html