Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bassmaster Classic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bassmaster Classic

Just got back from the Bass Masters Classic in Birmingham.
    What a great time.
    We went to launch every morning, the expo all day, then the weighin.

There were so many lure manufactors there and the one disappointing factor was just about ZERO crappie stuff.

Yeah, I know it's the "Bass Master" show, but you would think the guys would throw some of that stuff in.

The folks at the Gene Larew booth had some crappie stuff and were very nice.

Maybe one day we'll have a Crappie Master show just as big.
    If you think there isn't a God, you better be right!

Post Thanks / Like

I can only imagine how awesome that is to be at in person. I watched it all weekend on TV...and it was a very good broadcast. But, I would love to see it with my own two eyes. How much did tickets cost, if you don't mind?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't look for any crappie tournaments to pull that kinda press or attention till the competitors have to pay outrageous entry fees, go total artificial and one pole. JMO <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't follow the BASS tour, but I do check in on the Classic and always look at the final standings:

Real-Time Leaderboard - ESPN

What never ceases to amaze me is how some of these great fisherman catch little or no bass. Boyd Duckett and Denny Brauer are both former Classic champs and they had one bass between them! Skeet Reese is the defending Classic winner, and he only had three!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the leader board DB4D. I was going to ask who won. I am amazed that KVD won again. I watched the second day and he was struggling and dropping positions when I seen it last, on the second day. Just goes to show that you should never give up on your ability to catch fish. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

With the right people behind it AND for ALL the right reasons (besides making a profit and a paycheck for your "staff" like some of these other "National" Crappie Tours) the sky would be the limit with a BIG TIME NATIONAL CRAPPIE TOURNEY, IMO. I think we have short sighted people running National Organizations and they can ONLY think of one thing...HOW MUCH MONEY WILL THEY MAKE OUT OF THE DEAL. I could be wrong but I could be right.

TOO BAD Crappie Masters won't be back to any other lake in Mississippi besides Grenada.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what would have happened if KVD was not in #1 takeoff position on day #1 to claim his spot..who knows how many others were wanting to fish that same area? he prolly would have just found somewhere else and won it..

Post Thanks / Like

i have to agree with crappie chatt, until it is one pole and artificial only it ain't gonna get much bigger because of sponsors. i don't think the sponsors are going to jump in big with everyone using minnows and 8 poles. i haven't nothing against spider rigging and it is almost a must to take advantage of all the rules, with that being said i don't expect the leader board would change immensely with new rules. guys like capps and coleman and others are going to be very competitive regardless of the rules. in my opinion it would just be better for the sport.

Post Thanks / Like

It Was Free To Get In At Weigh In And Expo Had A Real Good Time Also.van Dam Never Went Further Than Two Miles All Week From Launch And Threw The Same Bait All Week.

Post Thanks / Like

KVD is the man when it comes to Green Carp. I alway's have wanted to go to the Classic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast