Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Buzz,Redboat you guys catching any.......?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buzz,Redboat you guys catching any.......?

Herb posted this on the NC Waterman board.Figured I'd pass this good info along......

Posted: Today at 12:03pm
    Hey All,Seems like 4-ever now,with all this snow and rain in Durham.Did get out Sunday bout 11 am with my Girlfriend Teresa,to see if we could even get the boat in the river due to high water levels.water was at the top of the ramp.So off we went,only 3 boats out.water was stained,but We were out of the house.Cabin Fever had me bad.Found some nice marks on the finder and set out the rods.Guess what.3 out of the 8 rod tip went right it to the water.FISH ON.Teresa was hooked up as well with 2 out of 5 rods down.1ST thought was cat fish.Nope large very large White Bass.2.5 to 3.0.there for bout 3 hours it was on fire.20 to 25 feet right on the bottom,didnt want any jigs just live bait.If this is a sign of the spring run at Pennys Bend it going to be great this year.took 27 most in the 1.5 to 2.0 range with 9 over 3 pounds,and full of row.sorry didnt think i;d need the camera this time.But you have my word that they are there.
    Herb Snead WARNING I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DONT LIKE YOU!
    I Live With Danger,And Sometimes She Lets Me Go Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out Saturday for Crappie..

Here's My Report:

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/north...2-20-10-a.html

Most people I talked to Saturday were not haveing much luck.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! I guess I will have to give it a try this weekend. I have a couple early spring spots that they might be at.

Thanks for the heads up Jack..

BUZZZZ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you guys already know this, but Herb was talking about white bass. I'm not trying to be smart, just wanted to clarify. Herb is a great fisherman, and always tells the truth. I always enjoy fishing with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    I'm sure you guys already know this, but Herb was talking about white bass. I'm not trying to be smart, just wanted to clarify. Herb is a great fisherman, and always tells the truth. I always enjoy fishing with him.
    Yup! I have met him a few times... All I was saying is that I did not have too much luck on the Crappie.. maybe the river is starting to fill up with White bass and could explain why?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Redboat, I haven't done well there for the crappie since November. Have caught a few decent fish here and there, but not like normal. This weather has been a real struggle. I always wondered if the WB "ran off" the crappies in the spring. Will be time to start night fishing for them soon. I got to get my rod holders for the new boat!

Post Thanks / Like

I hit several spots on the Eno and Flatt Friday afternoon trying to catch one of these 3lb white bass I have been hearing about. Well no luck. I fished hard for about 3 hrs. Water in the Eno was a little muddy and the water in the flatt was real muddy. I am going to hit it again this weekend and also try around Stagecoach rd.

BUZZZZ