PDA

View Full Version : 9 degree wind chill am

ShilohRed
12-08-2005, 08:38 PM
There calling for a 9 degree wind chill here in the AM. Anyone looking for a cool fishing trip about 6 am?
LOL Think I will just wait.
Pete

Jerry Blake
12-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Yea, we're suppose to get down to 15 tonight - that's unusual for us. We're gonna wait till it warms up in the morning before we go after them. I just hope the Quickcrete in the bamboo condos we built yesterday will be set up enough so we can drop them after we thin the crappie population out a little bit from under the dock where we're putting them.

David Waters
12-08-2005, 08:43 PM
yup, we have a tournament Saturday morning. Actual temps are going to be around 22-23. Wont get above freezing until 10am. That is cold for us Alabama boys.

DENNIS BOWERS
12-09-2005, 04:42 AM
Pete-Still waiting Here!! Between Hi winds and way below normal temps.-It"s gettin rough!!LOL-last night Jake[my son],told me to go sit in the boat??Reckon that was a hint I was gettin on his nerves????

Ranger375
12-09-2005, 05:43 AM
Send that warm weather up to Illinois. Currently it is 8 degrees with wind chill of minus 2 degrees. Have about 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground.

ShilohRed
12-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Yes the weather is not right for us. But love it This will cool the water off. And put the fish in a big ball. Make them easy to catch . :D
Now as far as fishing Saturday well I think the weather will be perfect to fish for Sauger Saturday. Don't know about crappie. but sauger love this weather. So looks like the wife and I will try it this weekend If we can work it in.

Talked with a buddy of mine. And he was crazy enough to try fishing on Reel Foot yesterday. The lake was like glass. then he started fishing and the wind picked up over 10 MPH. so I told him it took a crazy man to be out there in the snow and sleet yesterday by his self. He was the only one at the ramp..

Ranger that is what you get for living in Windy city. WE should have days that we can wear shorts in a few days.. LOL

Pete

TAE73
12-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Its a blistering 4 this morning in Mid Missouri with about 1"-2" of snow on the ground going to 40 sat and sun. Talk about a heat wave this morning, might have to get the shorts out.

Roberta
12-09-2005, 07:23 AM
We (Ohio - Indiana line) have about seven inches of fresh snow and wind gusts to 30, so some parts of the yard are bare and others are a couple of feet deep. Sure glad we went out and got a new snow blower Wednesday night. We cleared enough for Doug to go to work and I'll finish up later.

With high temps below freezing for the past ten days or so and staying below freezing for the foreseeable future, I'm thinking fishable ice by next weekend. - Roberta

cook
12-09-2005, 08:27 AM
It was just plain -11 this a.m.,with no wind chill.NW Mo got 8-12 inches snow,guess ya'll NE of me are getting it now.

dmac
12-09-2005, 08:32 AM
This is my first post altough I have been a long time reader of this forum. It is -14 right now in St Joseph Mo.and I am pretty bored. My duck hole is frozen up, and its to cold to fish.

Taylor1
12-09-2005, 08:40 AM
4 below here in nw okla yesterday morning.

Rattler
12-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Got up about 5:30 this morning and turned on the news. Here in St. Charles, MO it was 6 degrees and minus 12 wind chill. Another beautiful day here in the midwest. The streets are still terrible from yesterday morning. Have a great weekend guys!

Rattler

flslabhunter
12-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Guys

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is going to be 75 and sunny here in Kissimmee, FL tomorrow:p . However, I can remember the days, when there was ice on the lake and the fish seemed to be in hibernation. I graduated from Truman State in Northeast Missouri, brr. You should all move to Florida. The fishing here is incredible. I have lived here for the past 7 years and have finally started to find the right lakes and catch some fish. We caught over 150 fish during Thanksgiving weekend. Let me know if anyone is coming to florida to take the family to Disney and would like to go for a day of slab hunting.

izzysfishin
12-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Guys

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is going to be 75 and sunny here in Kissimmee, FL tomorrow:p . However, I can remember the days, when there was ice on the lake and the fish seemed to be in hibernation. I graduated from Truman State in Northeast Missouri, brr. You should all move to Florida. The fishing here is incredible. I have lived here for the past 7 years and have finally started to find the right lakes and catch some fish. We caught over 150 fish during Thanksgiving weekend. Let me know if anyone is coming to florida to take the family to Disney and would like to go for a day of slab hunting.
Go ahead and rub it in, ;) it's 5 degrees here in Union MO. Had a doctors app. today, glad I did'nt have to go to work BRRRRR.

flslabhunter
12-09-2005, 10:38 AM
I didn't mean to be rubbin it in. Only wanted to invite anyone who wanted to come down on a free trip.

flaslabhunter

Roberta
12-09-2005, 06:42 PM
It finally got cold enough to knock the allergens out of the air.I can BREATH! I am looking forward to several months of pollen-free air. Good thing there are so many different climates in this country isn't it? Somethign for everyone. - Roberta

stray
12-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Well I spent 2 days working on snowplow trucks, then wife calls yesterday as I was leaving work and said the Furness was out. So when I got home I got to work on it. Oh well all in a days work

Dmac, welcome to the board and if you’re ever down here in central Missouri and want a fishing partner just give me a holler.

Flslabhunter, I still think you are trying to rub it in a little. I know I would be rubbing in as much as I could. And also if you are ever up here and want to go fishing then please let me know.

izzysfishin
12-09-2005, 07:21 PM
flaslabhunter, I was kidding about the rubbing it in. Sorry, I should have put my usual (hehe or a smiley face). Again sorry.

ShilohRed
12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Now that would be nice. I told my wife that I should load the camper in the truck, Hook the boat up and head for Fl for the winter. She did not like that ideal. As she has to work.
So guess I will just fish Pickwick and reel foot.
Pete

I didn't mean to be rubbin it in. Only wanted to invite anyone who wanted to come down on a free trip.

flaslabhunter

cook
12-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Guys

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is going to be 75 and sunny here in Kissimmee, FL tomorrow You should all move to Florida. The fishing here is incredible. I have lived here for the past 7 years
Well,I moved from Fl to NW MO,but still go back for all of jan.Seems like a good time to visit:cool: :cool: :cool:
Hit the Naples area mainly.Good times.

J White
12-10-2005, 03:38 AM
This is my first post altough I have been a long time reader of this forum. It is -14 right now in St Joseph Mo.and I am pretty bored. My duck hole is frozen up, and its to cold to fish.

C'mon, dmac - It 20 here, and I'm headin' to the lake :D
It ain't even cold yet - but I ain't got away from the heater yet, either :)
Of course, I never been accused of having good sense...

fishingpox
12-10-2005, 05:06 AM
I know you were up @ 3:38 am this morning, tail justa wagging, getting ready to go fishing. Wished I was going. Killem :cool:

C'mon, dmac - It 20 here, and I'm headin' to the lake :D
It ain't even cold yet - but I ain't got away from the heater yet, either :)
Of course, I never been accused of having good sense...

ruvidu
12-10-2005, 07:01 AM
This morning I got up and was complaining about this durn cold 27 degree morning. It feels a lot warmer now that I have read your posts and know what you are living through.
Uncle Sam sent me to Il. for one winter and saw that I loved it so much he sent me to CT for the next one. I have had enough winter to last my life. Thank You Lord for letting me live in SC.
Ruv

dmac
12-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Stray, Thanks for the invite. Might take you up on that. What lakes do you fish? Would really like to learn Stockton. Went and checked Smithville today. Might be able to put in at Little Platte by Monday.

stray
12-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Stray, Thanks for the invite. Might take you up on that. What lakes do you fish? Would really like to learn Stockton. Went and checked Smithville today. Might be able to put in at Little Platte by Monday.

:D
I would enjoy fishing with you, I normally fish Truman, and I’ve been on Lake Ozark a couple times this fall (long way from knowing it though). I’ve never been on Stockton, so I won’t be able to help there.

I normally fish the northern part of Truman, and I’m still learning a lot on it. I have several places that I usually catch a few and then I try to fish some new spots or spots that look right but haven’t had luck, trying to figure them out.

Lake of Ozark, when I first got my boat I was told that it was too small for that lake. So I stayed off of it the first couple years with the boat. After talking to a few on here I tried it a couple times this fall no luck but will keep trying to fish it. The boat traffic makes it impossible to fish in the summer during the day. I still don’t think that I will fish it in the summer at all. My little 16’ Bass Tracker and 35 hp Mercury can’t compete with 32’- 40’ twin big block inboards. And there is no way to can fish with the waves they make or the wave runners. I’m hoping on getting onto some of the spring spawn before they really start cutting up the lake.

If you want to go just PM me here I’m usually on here at least every night, I may miss one night now and then but be sure that I will not miss more than one. You can also email me though here but I will probably see the PM sooner. I also should say that I would love to take you fishing down here. I’ve only been fishing for a few years and I’m still learning also. So I make no promises, but will be glad to take you and show you what I know and where I go. I normally vertical cast around standing timber in the coves and along bluffs with jigs.