Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: humminbird interlink

Post Thanks / Like

Default humminbird interlink

Does anybody use this? If so i have a question.

Do you use with external or internal antenna? If external is it wise to mount antenna at front of boat to be closer to mark if I am going to get on stuff with front depth finder?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good idea

I use the external antenna and yes it would be a good idea to mount it closest the where the transducer is that you are going to use to locate the structure.

Post Thanks / Like

If it says internal gps can you get an antenna and put on anyway or do you need to buy external gps and then antenna.

Post Thanks / Like

I m not 100% on this, but I THINK it says Internal antenna or external antenna. The GPS will automatically be "internal". It's just the antenna that can be purchased as an external.

Post Thanks / Like

Mount the external antenna over the transducer you'll use to mark the structure. I've got two external antennas, one for the unit on the bow and one for the unit on the console. Because the interlink passes coordinates from one unit to the other, with the two antennas it doesn't matter which unit you use to mark the structure.

Post Thanks / Like

so..... If I buy 2 humminbirds and one on bow and one on console, if both have antennas and i interlink then it will use the antenna of the one i mark from then transfer to the other. Just making sure I got this right .

Also on a side scan if you see something on botoom to the side can you move cursor out to mark it or is it better to buoy mark it then mark with front gps when you fish it

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, two birds, two external antennas is best way to go, imo.

I use the sidescan to mark structure, then come back using the trolling motor to get more data and mark the best spot(s) on the structure, deleting the first waypoint.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh two 700 series or better birds you will only use one antenna with the interlink installed you can have one internal and one external doesnt matter you will have to run the external to the link. I put my puck at the point of my boat that way when im tracking to my spot with my motor I shut her down hop up front and you are where you need to be not a boat length past it like you would be having it at you console or the back.
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fished-out View Post
    Yep, two birds, two external antennas is best way to go, imo.

I use the sidescan to mark structure, then come back using the trolling motor to get more data and mark the best spot(s) on the structure, deleting the first waypoint.
    Yes, "two birds, two external antennas is best way to go, imo." Because this way you can take advantage of the 4x faster GPS rate as per the last upgrade.
    If two birds share ant thru the interlink you go back in time to SLOW GPS rate.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Question: Say you are using your SI and spot structure 40' from the left of your boat. Can you mark where that structure is actually at or just where the boat is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast