Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dumb Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumb Question

This may sound like a dumb question to some of you. So bare with me. Can Crappie be caught all year round in Oklahoma? Is there a better time of year or can they be had year round?

Thanks in advance

Glen

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Glen:

Only "Dumb Question" is the one you don't ask. I'm sure crappie can be caught year around in OK and everywhere else. We do well on them here in Arkansas through the winter and we're right next door.

You just have to figure out where the little critters go or better yet fix them a place to hang out for the winter. They gotta be somewhere and they gotta eat somtime!

Hopefully some folks that fish in your area will respond to this post and get you headed in the right direction.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Glen,like Jerry said-you can catch them year round.Theres times of the year you will catch more but I"d say winter time is a good bet for slabs!!You will have to S L o W down , as their mentabolisms are"nt as high.GET EM!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

GlenC, isn't Stigler near Eufaula? It has some of the biggest Crappie on average in the country. And yes, Crappie can, and do get caught year round. They just develope different patterns through out the year.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

GlenC, Jerry is right. However, if you feel your questions are dumb, just do not compile them all in one post like I do. Overloads their brains. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry's right and SURE YOU CAN. So many folks that call themselves crappie fishermen only do so in the spring or fall and mistakenly say they can't be caught any other time. Granted in the summer and winter they become more illusive and difficult to catch, but I guess that's when it separates the men from the boys, so to speak. Love'em, follow'em, catch'em. Just keep after them. If you're not successful this year, you will next. Persistence is the key to a passion.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper
    GlenC, isn't Stigler near Eufaula? It has some of the biggest Crappie on average in the country. And yes, Crappie can, and do get caught year round. They just develope different patterns through out the year.

Yes Stigler is near Eufaula. About 32 miles or so. I need to update my location as we have actually moved to the City of Eufaula. I can't wait till tax time so I can buy me a boat. That is if there is any water left in the lake come that time. This lake looks dead right now. Very low.

Post Thanks / Like

I think most lakes in about a 6 state region are low right now. I will have to get in touch with you sometime. I plan to do some fishing on Eufaula starting early spring. You are more than welcome to join me in my boat. Many years ago, I used to fish Eufaula and just was amazed at the size of the Crappie. If you can afford it, look up Eufala guide, Todd Huckabee. I have met a few people who have used his services there and are thouroughly pleased with the results.
    http://www.toddhuckabee.com/
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default docks and sandy bass bay area

I fished Eufaula alot the last 3 yrs. while living in Checotah. A lady that fishes every day at her boat slip at Bell Star Marina told me that the best days during Winter are the days you don't want to go out. Cold, windy, snowy. I have always had good fishing in Sandy Bass Bay area, several docks close to where I launched, and under several of the bridges, (mostly 69 highway bridge). Also had some success right there in Eufaula Cove.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.