Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The only way to eat Crappie is fried....BUT Crappie Cordon Bleu is pretty good

Post Thanks / Like

Default The only way to eat Crappie is fried....BUT Crappie Cordon Bleu is pretty good

I like Crappie fried. But if you want it baked, try this:

I take a crappie piece about 4 inches long and wrap it in a slice of ham doing so longways so the ham goes around the filet several times (very thin slice of ham) and stick a toothpick thru to keep the ham from unwrapping. I then place as many of these wrapped filets as I can fit in a baking dish. In a seperate bowl I mix 1 can of cream mushroom soup (can use the low salt low fat version if you like), the water the soup calls for (or milk if u like) and about 1/2 container of Sour Cream (you can use the reduced fat if u like) and mix that all up and pour on top of the ham wrapped filets. I also add some Tony's cajun spice on to the top (once again if need low sodium cajun flavoring or any spice you like). I then bake that for at least 30 minutes or until the liquid startes to get thick. I then place the ham wrapped morsals on rice making sure to get plenty of the gravy. I use the yellow saffron rice in the small bags with everything already in one package (about $1.25 ea.) What you have leftover will be even better the next day OR you can take in for your co-workers to get a taste of the "GOOD LIFE".

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

That sound good - I'm gonna try it!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

My wife makes the best chicken cordon bleu, it is similar but also has cheese and crushed crutons baked on top. the crutons would be good on the fish too probably.

Post Thanks / Like

oops,,, you let the cat out of the bag there Sac-a-lait;;;

not only does that work great with crappie,

Yall have heard of new England clam chowder.(presto) Replace the clams with crappie Frist take and cut the crappie into small pieces about 1/2 squares coat them with creole seasoning put about 2 oz. of butter in iron skillet brown them about 3 or4 minutes then put them into the chowder about five minutes before done. There you go ( CRAPPIE CHOWDER )

I eat crappie about 3 days a week " if it can be made with meat, seafood,
    chicken, Then it can be made with crappie

Ive got and hunderd recipes for crappie " kinda like bubba on forest gump"
    crappie this ,crappie that #### with crappie

It goes good in seafood gumbo
    smothed with cream sauce and brussle sprotts
    crappie Etouffee
    As a stuffing in a hot pocket or pita bread
    as a suffing in bell peppers
    in a cajun casserole baked
    the list could go on and on
    good luck
    Last edited by CrappieLips; 12-08-2005 at 11:52 PM.