Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Pleasant 2-21-2010

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Pleasant 2-21-2010

Headed up to Pleasant yesterday.I knew the striper action would be on.I wanted to see if the crappie were around.It rained pretty much all day on and off.Castle Creek was GREAT.You guys better get up there.Shad ! Amything shad.down about 25 feet.Just watch your fish finder and find the shad.the stripers will follow.I got my 2 stripers with a hand tye that I did under a slip bobber so I could keep the jig where the fish were suspended.Worked out pretty good.My buddy Dave got the largemouth with a jerkbait,same place as we got all the stripers.It was just shy of 4 lbs.It got released full of eggs.Stripers are getting fried up tonight,lol.Sorry about the jig picture,I was shaking,I guess,lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

That jig looks cool Bruce. Nice job on the catch! I almost went to Plez but the weather talked my partner out of going so I hit Canyon with my daughter instead. I've never fished Pleasant before and am looking forward to doing so this year.
    On my list of new lakes to hit up this year are Pleasant, Blue Ridge Res., and San Carlos. Oh yeah, Roosevelt too LOL, Maybe Apache :D

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some of them jigs for you.Let me know when you will be in the Country Club, and Mckellips area.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. I can't go this Friday but I am shooting for a week from Friday. If all goes well, I could hit Sag if you want to meet up there sometime? I alwways work on Friday afternoon so I need to leave the lake by 1pm.

Post Thanks / Like

good job

Post Thanks / Like

Bah, my wife just rescheduled her stuff. She switched from this friday to next friday. I can't fish next week most likely. I am getting my stuff in my boat though since tomorrow is my window now lol. It is late notice but if you can fish tomorrow I'll go to Saguaro. If not I'll just hit Canyon and continue to try and learn the lake better
    I am working tonight but I will check back to see if you are going to go.
    Chris