Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Fork Report anyone??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Fork Report anyone??

We been thinking of going to Fork in the next week or so. Anyone have a report on where to go and how deep the slabs are?

Thanks.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with Ray Vareen (Lake Fork Guide) a couple of weeks ago.
    He said the crappie were moving out to the deep water main lake points.
    I was there this time last year. We had our limits by or a little after noon.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigster
    I spoke with Ray Vareen (Lake Fork Guide) a couple of weeks ago.
    He said the crappie were moving out to the deep water main lake points.
    I was there this time last year. We had our limits by or a little after noon.

Jigster
    What works best, jigs or minnows this time of year and how deep of water do we look for? Thanks for any pointers.

Post Thanks / Like

FallsOut...I don't know if you know this or not, but on Lake Fork from now until the end of February, you have to keep every crappie you catch regardless of size. If you normally only keep slabs, this is not the time of year to go to Fork. Rayburn would be your better bet. Just my .02...smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smedley
    FallsOut...I don't know if you know this or not, but on Lake Fork from now until the end of February, you have to keep every crappie you catch regardless of size. If you normally only keep slabs, this is not the time of year to go to Fork. Rayburn would be your better bet. Just my .02...smedley
    Yea, I knew that. I remember years ago it made me sick to throw back them 9 1/2 inchers just to watch em float off for the turtles and birds to eat. That was in the summer time too. I hear nearly every fish you catch this time of year down deep is dead by the time you get em to the top. Thats good you have to keep em.

You got any pointers on where to fish at and how deep? I hear the mouth of Little Caney Creek down by the dam is good this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry falls...I've only been there once and it was a bass only trip. I saw a lot of people camped out under the bridges though. From what I hear, minnows fished deep is the key. Good luck....see you on the TFF...schmedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

The bridges on hwy 515 west or east probably best bet, we always use jigs and minners better on minners on 515 west bettere on west end of bridge 2 - 3 pilings out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry falls...I've only been there once and it was a bass only trip. I saw a lot of people camped out under the bridges though. From what I hear, minnows fished deep is the key. Good luck....see you on the TFF...schmedley
    Thats a new acronym for me, whats TFF stand for?

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't you the same FallsOutBoatOften that's on the Texas Fishing Forum (TFF)?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't you the same FallsOutBoatOften that's on the Texas Fishing Forum (TFF)?
    Yep, thats me. It didn't click as to what TFF stood for. Me and my fishin buddy Slay-n-M have a little website we created last summer with some nice pic's. The website is www.crappiehole.com