Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wher to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wher to fish

Has anyone been fishing Watts Bar? Any reports? Going out on Sat. & trying to decide between Douglas or Watt's Bar. Any info is appreciated.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Ss .....

you might try and give Don York a call ..... Watts Bar Lake/Eden Marina ... 423-365-6929

If anybody knows, he might. Tell him you are a Crappie.com member, and tell him I recommended you call him.

You might, also, try and PM "Killer" (Ken Palmer) ... and ask him how he's been doing, or if he's been out on Watts Bar. Killer is a Crappie.com member and lives on Watts Bar Lake. Don't know if you will get an answer fast enough to decide ... but, either of these guys will give you the straight skinny on what the Crappie are doing on WB ........ luck2ya ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing Watts Bar about twice or three times a week. You can wear them out one day and can't find them the next. TVA keeps running the water up and down and it keeps them messed up. When their on, though, their on big time. Leave a few for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the responses. We ended up on Douglas. We tried everything but only boated one:o . It seemed that way for everyone I spoke to. I was going to try again Sun, but the wind was up. Sat is looking good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab Seeker
    Thank you for the responses. We ended up on Douglas. We tried everything but only boated one:o . It seemed that way for everyone I spoke to. I was going to try again Sun, but the wind was up. Sat is looking good.

We caught our limit on Douglas Saturday. Going back this Saturday if the weather is decent. Come to Swann's Bridge, you'll see where we are catching them. Just look for the pile of boats. BTW, if you see a blue Venture bass boat with a 60 Evinrude and 3 old farts on board, say howdy, Ill be on the back seat!:D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

We were fishing Dandridge. What a difference a couple of miles makes. Are you putting in at Swann's? Going to try to get out again on Sat. We are in an Bass Tracker w/an old 25 Johnson,.... If I can get my throttle fixed. What were they hitting on?
    Last edited by Slab Seeker; 12-13-2005 at 05:25 AM.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go charger nice limit I hope to get in on the action Friday
    were you tightlining or using a float?
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we put in at Swann's.
    Saturday we were float fishing. We just got back from another trip there, today wasnt so good. The were catching them in the shallows up from Nina early this morning. We got there a little late and we couldnt squeeze our boat in anywhere so we started trolling and brought 11 home with 2 nice Saugers and a real nice Walleye.

If the weather holds out, we will be back out there Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys!
    The best croppie fisherman on Douglas I know, my dad, is having brain surgery tomorrow. He fished Douglas during the "good ol days" and I was able to get in on the tail end of it. We fish Watts Bar mostly now because that is where I live but we try to get to Douglas for old times sake at least once a year. Our last trip on Watts Bar was a dud so here's hopin he can get in a bunch more trips. Leave a few for us!!!!

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

croppiedude my prayers go out to you dad
    hope he gets back fishing soon
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast