Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally fishing again!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally fishing again!

Finally got out fishing again after all the snow and ice we've had it's been a couple weeks. Went with sittinduck in his boat today , he could get his out of his yard my is still snowed in. Sittinduck wanted to try out my trolling motor to see if it worked good on his boat before he buys one. Had a great time ended up catching some real nice crappie, got 67 on the counter along with many blugills 1 green carp and 2 y.perch. Chart. balzy on a 1/32 jig head was the hot bait of the day, they wanted it sitting still today 4-5 ft.down in 9ft. of water. Sittinduck has remodeled his boat during all this bad weather and he did a great job that boat is set up awesome for crappie fishing now. We had a time getting the boat in and out today with all the snow in the ramp, but it was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good several days for fishing!! Glad to hear you got on them again.

If things go well, I'll be joining you in 3 weeks..........

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this warmer weather will stay with us and I can get my Yak out and catch some. Most of the ponds are starting to loosen up a bit but not enough to fish yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Our water is still hard on this side of the pond.

Post Thanks / Like

same here md crappie with about 20 inches of snow on that.

glad you guys got out and vented a little nice catch . i will have to wait till spring here or maybe summer just to get the boat out lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

This rain should help get rid of some ice for you guys and some more of the spots down here that are still froze. Saw Sittinduck on the job this AM. he took the ones we kept home the other day said he measured 5 at 14'' said the rest were12''to13'' we kept 26 of the 67, said he was gonna try to post a pic. he took at his house. MDcrappie you got to be chomping at the bit for the ice to leave , this is the prime time for favorite spot isn't it?