Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transducer noise???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer noise???

Fellas - i was out on Jordan today fishing the shallows in cub creek for crappie when I hear a clicking noise from the back of my boat. I noticed my depth finder (Lowrance 522c) screen was pulsing in tune with the clicking sound. I looked all around and finally determined it was from my transducer under water? When I cut the power to the unit the noise stopped but returned when I cut it back on....any advice? I have know idea of the cause.

Post Thanks / Like

Most units I've owned click every time the sonar pulses. As long as your screen is functioning properly, I'd say everything's okay.

Post Thanks / Like

I responded to your same question on another site while ago, before I came here. What about that, Did notice that this is your first post here. Welcome.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

skullnbones...welcome from High Rock Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses and the welcome. i have been using your site for a while now and figured id jump in.

I posted the problem on a few of my favorite sites to get a few different responses. doesnt seem like it is too big a deal. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

The unit seemed to work fine but the clicking in the water was annoying and i assumed the fish might think so too. It was the first time I have ever noticed it???

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

yep totaly normal, i'm glad your paying attetion, lots of folks never hear that. if it is a lowrance yu can chagne your ping speed and that will change the rate of the clicking you hear wich is sonar pulses.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome skullnbones. mine does it and i hate it. had a garman that did it also. do you fish out of alumninum?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, perfectly normal. When I am anchored up fishing in the back of the boat I turn mine off because it is so loud. I don't know what effect it has on the fish though, it might even attract them? Nothing to worry about as long as the sonar is working OK.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My 522C does it too. Got an Eagle that does the same thing at times but it's less powerful so at times I cant hear it from the Eagle though. I think it's normal and it doesnt spook the fish any.

Welcome to the boards.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

i do have aluminum. also heard that muddy water might have something to do with it? It was definitely muddy...

Thanks for all the responses. I feel better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast