PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Rod Holders for transport

jonesy
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey all you Crappie fisherman with bay boats, Here is a solution for transporting 16 crappie rods without getting them all tangled up. I had Driftmaster custom make them for me. I have not been out on the water with them yet. Still working on the tiedown system to secure them. I will most likely put some sort of wind sock on all the tips to keep movement to a minimum. Attached are some pics. If interested my contact at Drift Master is David.

poppop
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Thats pretty neat.......Monk also has the same hookup....I though about getting the same thing when I was at his house the last time.

jonesy
02-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes, I talked to Monk about these, But he was tied up with shows at the time. I would have love to give him the business. I have a lot of respect for Monk. I guess I was like a kid in a candy store. I wanted right away.

Greg

boatstall
02-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Outstanding. Driftmaster is probably going to need to put a part number out on those. Would you mind either posting or pm regarding your contact for ordering those. I also like the wraps you have on the rods. Haven't seen those before. Nice set up. That will work perfect on my pontoon for rod management.

monkscrappie
02-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I see a lot of Silstar poles and Shimano reels. Take a look at the Fishing Butlers for wraps. The 24 inch Fishing Butler can be used to secure the poles in the racks.

Monk

jonesy
02-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks Monk. Most of those Silstar and Shimano items were purchase from you along with the T bars and drift master rod holders. I already have plans of getting some of those Fishing Butlers from you in the near future. After looking at other options they seem to the best solution. I will also be getting some to secure weight and line to the poles.

Would you have any idea as what to put over tips to minimize movement? I was thinking of using some sort of wind sock to wrap around all tips and then cinch gently together.

Greg

poppop
02-22-2010, 02:59 PM
jonsey...I use velcro...you can get it at wally world...there is some special made for wiring I believe...it pulls back through itself and clinches...pretty neat.