Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hyco report 2/2o

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hyco report 2/2o

I don't fish Hyco much with Jordan and Falls being as close but this year with all the rain Billy and I made my 3rd trip yesterday and my best so far. Started out trying to fish some docks but we had a hard time adjusting to this type of fishing and the wind (forecast was for 6mph but ended up about 15mph) made casting the jigs tough to do. So we broke out the trolling rods and started in an area occupied by some other crappie fishermen doing the same. Ended up with 25 keepers and threw back as many for seed. No big fish except for many 1 1/2 LMB and 1 white bass. Best trip to Hyco to date and I'm going back today for some more. I hope the wind has laid down but I have to plug my new I-pilot here. Controlling speed in heavy wind was no problem with the cruise control and the advance auto pilot works like a champ. I'll report after todays trip. CK.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

pretty work, the fish are deffinatly biting up there.. took a trip last nite..
    lets get-r-dun on some crappie fishin...

Post Thanks / Like

The largest crappie I have ever caught in my life was on Hyco. My wife and I went there for a 3 day camping and fishing trip. I had been there for a bass fishing trip. I thought she would like the lake. She did and we caught crappie!!

Glad you had a good time. It is a beautiful lake.

Bo Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.