Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fun drive home

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fun drive home

Took about 1.5 hours to go 43.2 miles home tonite.Slow and steady,2 lane country hiway.24 days till Florida
    BTW-became a grandpa for the fifth time this afternoon. I'm not that old.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I was picturing you on snowshoes, carrying your rod and an ice auger down to the river!

I usually garage my boat for the winter but I kept saying "one more trip" ... Now there is 7" of snow on it ( More by morning). At least it's covered.
    Hmm... Sport show in less than a month... I'm sure there'll be SOMETHING there I can't live without... like the amazing knot tying thing that looks like a ball point pen... got one somewhere around here... never learned to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually had an auger,and tried it a few times.Maybe I'm getting old,but I just don't trust the ice around here,especially in a river sectionI remember as a kid in Minn. going down to watch the car races on the ice in the harbor.Brrrrrr.That ice I would trust.

I bought my first boat this summer,nothing special,but its in the 1 car garage.The wife kinda wonders about a guy that puts a 800$ boat in the garage and leaves a 18,000$ car out in the elements!!

Post Thanks / Like

You grew up in Minnesota? No wonder you're fishing in freezing weather!
    Remember taking a road trip with 5 other guys to see Willie Nelson in Houston on New Year's. It was near zero in KC, in the 40's in Houston... People were wearing parka's if (If they owned one)... I noticed a guy working on his car wearing only a T-shirt. Then I noticed the Minnesota plates

10" snow on my driveway now. Work is closed. Time to build a fire, make more coffee and see what my internet fishing buddies are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day to slip a little Baileys or Kahlua into the java.About 8-12 inches here depending on where I measure it.
    If you are also a catfisherman,here is a big site that has some smithville and K.C. guys on it.Hard site to navigate at first,but go to the state sections and click on Mo.
    www.catfish1.com
    Last edited by cook; 12-08-2005 at 07:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dig, Dig, Dig... My "other half" had to work so we dug a pair of foot deep trenches about 100 feet long (uphill) to get from the garage to the street. We have one of those cursed garages that you enter from behind the house (Great for backing a trailer.. NOT!). Uphill as well. At least I don't feel quite so guilty about drinking coffee while she drives 35 miles to make crowns and bridges so people can eat their Christmas turkey/ham, whatever. (She's a dental lab tech). I'll get over it!

Cool catfish site! See your postings... Is that you in the pic. holding the 'cat?
    Remember "Toad" Smith who used to do the catfishing segments on "In Fisherman"?

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Glad that snow stayed North. We only have a trace here in Rolla and that is all we want.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I sure wish I had been a weatherman. As usual, they were completely wrong about the snow again here in St. Charles. If I don't sell anything, I don't get paid, these guys get paid even when their wrong!! What a bunch of horse----! Anyway, I think I can probably ice fish here by this afternoon. I was breaking ice where I duck hunt day before yesterday in a duck lake that already had about three inches on it. Figure it should have close to five by now. Hmmmmm.... a little Bailey's doesn't sound bad later this afternoon! Have a great weekend gents!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStorie

Cool catfish site! See your postings... Is that you in the pic. holding the 'cat?
    Remember "Toad" Smith who used to do the catfishing segments on "In Fisherman"?

Mark
    That was a 34# flathead caught in my most recent crappie spot,on a zebco 33,12# line.

Loved all those stories of Toad,my favorite was the one where they fed the racoon the bourbon laced brownies.Bwhaaaa