Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow!!

I havent posted in a while but read almost everyday. It has been YEARS since I have ate crappie. I had gotten to where I would only eat ocean caught fish. When I moved to Ok I went to a Catfish fry and it tasted pretty darn good. Not all muddy tasting like I remember it from Calif. Well, tonight my superviser brought me some pretty decent sized fellet's of some crappie. I have to say that was the best tasting fish I have had. It was almost sweet tasting. I am definately hooked!! (no pun intended). I have always been hooked on fishing but never really kept anything cause wasnt a big freshwater fish eater. But now, I think im gonna have to go into debt and buy a boat so I can get serious about crappie fishing :-)

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlenC
    I havent posted in a while but read almost everyday. It has been YEARS since I have ate crappie. I had gotten to where I would only eat ocean caught fish. When I moved to Ok I went to a Catfish fry and it tasted pretty darn good. Not all muddy tasting like I remember it from Calif. Well, tonight my superviser brought me some pretty decent sized fellet's of some crappie. I have to say that was the best tasting fish I have had. It was almost sweet tasting. I am definately hooked!! (no pun intended). I have always been hooked on fishing but never really kept anything cause wasnt a big freshwater fish eater. But now, I think im gonna have to go into debt and buy a boat so I can get serious about crappie fishing :-)
    Gotcha!!!:D
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

caught another keeper!!!!!welcome glen
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh Fried Sac-A-Lait is one of the best fish ever. Second only to Fresh Yellow Fin Tuna, Grouper and Mahi-Mahi.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to Oklahoma Glen. Holler at me if you're ever up around Tulsa.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Glen, Nothing like Fresh Crappie!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye, no.1, grouper no.2, crappie a very solid third, cooked some on the grill the other night over mesquite......not heaven, but as close as I am probably going to get:D

Post Thanks / Like

You think you are hooked now, wait until you get that 1 to 2 lb. slab next to the boat and can't get your hands on the landing net and he gets away. You'll want to break every pole you have. But then you'll think MAYBE I CAN DO THAT AGAIN. Then your hooked and you life is changed for ever.. Happy fishing to ya.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! man i've heard that many times from the people i've turned on to fresh fried crappie. only thing is, i don't give any of the bluegill filets away!!!they be for me...and maybe my family!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast