Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Randleman Resevoir

Post Thanks / Like

Default Randleman Resevoir

Well I see where its opening march 3. But what a bunch of crap// Its in the North carolina Sportsman issue. Fees will be $15 per boat, with additional charge over 3 people. You will have to read the info. I want my crappie back I been stocking in it for the last 3 yrs.That sounds just like some of Guilford Countys stupidity. Lake will be closed every year from november till march. Closed every Monday and Tuesday. No night fishing, only 100 boats allowed on lake at any time. Inspect your boat before launch, and subject to same when leaving and several other rules. Might as well fish in the prison pond there at sandy ridge.
    ENOMAN:D

Post Thanks / Like

$15 per launch? Do they give you a limit of fish when you leave,like you go to the fish market?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Gman, go upstream a few miles till you smell the stench and High Point residents will give everyone a limit of brown trout!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah TC, there is a nice brown trout hatchery right off of 85 just north of 62. I'm not sure how well it will be used, but I think local folks will fish just because they would spend more than $15 in gas to go to Jordan, Badin, or some of the other 1 hour away lakes.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like they are trying to make it a trophy lake like Cane Creek south of Monroe
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Creek

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    sounds like they are trying to make it a trophy lake like Cane Creek south of Monroe
    I lived on Lake Wateree for 15 years and knew several people that fished Cane Creek; however, I never heard of anyone catching a trophy fish.

Monk

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not all Guilford County

Enoman,

Don't blame everythig on Guilford County. To come up with this set of rules, all the most brilliant minds from Randolph, Guilford, High Point, Greensboro, Randleman, and Asheboro had to be involved. Now you know why the Corp of Engineers washed their hands of this project several years ago.

Now you know why this project took so many years to complete. I first read about this "proposed" lake in the Raleigh newspaper in 1962 while in school at NC State College.

Monk