Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Snake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Snake?

Have any of yall tried it or do you think its another one of those gimmicks designed to catch more fishermen than fish. It aint cheap - 40 bucks for the kit. My wife picked up some snakes made by Mann's at a yard sale. They're poision on bass. They look like a ribbon-tailed worm with a snake head. Dont know if its the color or the design but they catch fish. These "Fishing Snakes" are top water baits. Doug Hannon - The Bass Professor

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like one of those Banjo Minnow ad's to me. I have never tried them but there are other topwater baits that are far more proven, unlike the snake. Just my 2 cents....
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

These are the top waters baits I'll be trying this year

Strike King Rage Tail Shad 5pk

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them and have caught fish with them. You can catch just as many fish with a soft jerk bait. Location and presentation is most important. All the baits out there are designed to catch the fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foul hook View Post
    I have used them and have caught fish with them. You can catch just as many fish with a soft jerk bait. Location and presentation is most important. All the baits out there are designed to catch the fisherman.
    It sure does work on me. Bad cabin fever due to frozen water around here has me dropping some significant loot on new lures. Need the fishing to keep me out of the store.

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wwwUncle View Post
    It sure does work on me. Bad cabin fever due to frozen water around here has me dropping some significant loot on new lures. Need the fishing to keep me out of the store.
    i'm with you there, haha... Staying out of the store won't keep you at bay though. I've been confined to the house, post surgery for a couple of weeks now and already spent over $200 ordering fishing gear online