Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ugly stick lite??

Post Thanks / Like

Default ugly stick lite??

do any of u guys have this rod? how do u like it? is it to lite with a 1/16 jig or just about right? can u get it in 7ft or 6'6

Post Thanks / Like

Default U.S. Lite

I've only got experience with the standard models, which I find "slow" in action and a bit on the heavy side. Not a very "responsive" rod, but I don't know how else to describe it. The "Lite" version may be better?

There a plenty in inexpensive graphites out there to choose from. You might also want to check out "Cherrywood" rods and compare the feel between the two. Comparably priced. I like their actions.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

The lite is a very good rod, I have only seen it in 4' models, which I have one of, but not sure about 6'6" or 7'
    -Josh

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 5.5 model and love it for Bream or Shellcracker.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 5.5' ultralight model and I caught 80% of my fish on Old Hickory with it last year. I highly recommend it. It's an excellent deepwater jig rod.

Post Thanks / Like

I have many ugly stiks...from my 10-foot crappie stick, to my 4 1/2-foot ultra light. I'll tell you one thing about them...I hooked into my first walleye last year with 4 pound test and a 1/16 ounce jig, and I appreciated the backbone on that rod then, knowing that it wasn't going to break. I ended up catching 5 walleye with that rig last year in a 4 day period. And, each time with my little ultra lite ugly stik...and I love catching the catching crappie on it. It really fits to my style of fishing...

Post Thanks / Like

I got a 5 footer and Love it!!! Great for shooting docks too

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine. I've got one of the medium sized ones, either 6'6" or 7', can't remember. It's ML action. I like the Lite version better than the standard Ugly Stik because I don't like the feel of the foam handles. It is not as sensitive as some of my other rods, but it is very tough.

I don't usually use it for crappie fishing since my lighter rods are easier to throw small jigs with. I usually use it for catfish and bass fishing. It did save a 50 mile trip for me last year after one of my other rods broke at the tip on the second cast, though. I caught about 70 crappie on it in three hours throwing a 1/16 ounce Roadrunner, so it didn't do too badly and I would have missed out on all the action if I hadn't brought it.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two lite pros, which I think you are asking about. Both of mine are 7' and even though they are lite pros, they have a medium action. Excellent rod. I have landed large lake trout, bass and crappie, all with great action. The tip is where it is.
    Sam in PA and FL

Post Thanks / Like

I have 7 of the "Light Pro's" in the ultra light action, 3 are 5' and the other 4 or 7'. I stagger them off the side of the boat night fishin with minnows mostly. They all have PFUEGER President 6720's on them. I love these rods. Oh yea, it'll throw your jig too.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast