Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie boat rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie boat rigging

Newbie here - needing some rigging advice.
    I'm buying this boat (1999 18' w90hp OB) and rigging it for crappie, catfish and striper. Need to add a TM, rod holders, batteries etc. Pretty much decided on a Minn Kota I-pilot Power Drive 70 TM (from Cabelas) but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Any thoughts on that? Will it fit on the front? What about the bow rail? Scrap it or try to modify it? Anyone near eastern Guilford county that can do that (cheap)? Boat comes with an older Lowrance FF/GPS with a transom mounted transducer. Do I need to put a FF up front too? I suspect the answer is yes. What about rod holders? Anyone tried Cabelas 360HT model? Would appreciate any and all suggestions including where to buy. Looking to do some spider rigging on Jordan, Buggs etc for crappies then branch out into striper and cats later.
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rigging

I would go I-Pilot 80 lb T/M with US2 for your up front depthfinder to catch bait > Driftmaster or Santee rodholders, Lowrance Color GPS depthfinder. The front rail will have to modifed thats what I had to do on my Key West took the front /\ out. You will need a bait tank see Bobcat he sells most that you will need . Have Fun !!!!:D:D

Gone Fishin Nuff Said

I started with nothing I still have most of it left
    God must like Dumb people for he made a lot of them

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It will take a little work

I agree that the front part of the railing will have to go. You will need to put the trolling motor there. As for the rest of the rail, you can mount rod holders with movable bases on them such as the Driftmaster 215-B bases. You can mount Driftmaster or Santee rod holders to these mounts to be used for crappie, stripers, or catfish. You can see them on my website at Extreme Fishing Concepts

You can call me for other ideas or bring the boat to me for suggestions. I do not do the work but I can offer suggestions. I am in Lexington, NC.

Yadkin Guide
    336-249-6782

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maynard I spoke to someone today who knows you....your neighbor the mailman, but I can't remember his name right off. Rush?

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes, I know who you are talking about.

His name is Charles Rash. He and I grew up together in Denton and now live fairly close to each other. That's right I am a Denton boy and proud of it (holding hand over heart). I am sure all he had to say about me had to be good. He lies well.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    His name is Charles Rash. He and I grew up together in Denton and now live fairly close to each other. That's right I am a Denton boy and proud of it (holding hand over heart). I am sure all he had to say about me had to be good. He lies well.
    Thats him....just couldn't remember his name.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome MCF from High Rock lake. There are lots of good tips and advice to be found here.

Kellog

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would share a couple of pictures. I have seven rod holders on the front rails and seven on my home-made back rig. I'm sorry the back picture didn't turn out well. I took 1" PVC and have a 10" piece down in the rod holder. I then have a 90 degree angle and have two cross-pieces. Between the two cross-peices from side to side of the boat, I have two more short peices connecting both the long ones. I did this just for extra support. I also have four sets of holes drilled in which I can take rod holders and tilt them at an angle for trolling. I'll try to get a better picture the next time I take the boat out. Obviously there is movement with the PVC, but this helps, especially when using jigs. Also, with the PVC it is easy to lift the whole thing out of the boat and store when not needed.

Name:  Blackberry 099.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  Blackberry 100.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  40.5 KB