Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hoosier slabstalker!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoosier slabstalker!

Thinking about moving out sometime next year. Scared out of my gourd there aren't any crappie! Please tell me otherwise!

Post Thanks / Like

What part of the state? It makes a big difference. North south or central are all so much different and cover very different amounts of lake types. makes it hard to tell you whats up. Each area has crappie but in different amouts.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto mytyt

Think So Cal gets the bigger fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught crappie at my local lake many times. In fact I caught a nice 1.5 lber when I was sight fishing today. I saw about 3 on beds today and caught one (at least I think they were on beds). Released of course. The water is still pretty cold, so I don't expect to see any more on the beds yet. I live in SoCal, near LA.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be more scared about the taxes you have to pay to live here.... pleanty of crappie though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Thinking about moving out sometime next year. Scared out of my gourd there aren't any crappie! Please tell me otherwise!
    As others have said, there are crappie all over the state. I live in San Diego, crappie bragging rights start at 2lb. There are 3 reservoirs (El Capitan, Hodges & Lower Otay) within a 30 minute drive from my home where I have an honest shot at a 2lb crappie every time I go. The fourth one (Henshaw)is about 2hours away.

Check out San Diego Fishing Reports, Forums, and News - Home for information about the San Diego area

Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River for information about the Yuma AZ (200 miles away)

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/forum.php for coverage of both NorCal and SoCal and specifics on the Los Angeles area

The Fish Sniffer Newspaper Online Forums for info on NorCal

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but as others have said, you would do well to investigate the cost of living where you are considering moving to. I suspect it will be significantly higher than Indiana.

Good Luck!
    Jim (Ike) Isaac - San Diego CA

Purveyor of sea stories, fish tales
    and other prevarications.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimeisaac View Post
    As others have said, there are crappie all over the state. I live in San Diego, crappie bragging rights start at 2lb. There are 3 reservoirs (El Capitan, Hodges & Lower Otay) within a 30 minute drive from my home where I have an honest shot at a 2lb crappie every time I go. The fourth one (Henshaw)is about 2hours away.

Check out San Diego Fishing Reports, Forums, and News - Home for information about the San Diego area

Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River for information about the Yuma AZ (200 miles away)

Fishing Network Message Boards for coverage of both NorCal and SoCal and specifics on the Los Angeles area

The Fish Sniffer Newspaper Online Forums for info on NorCal

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but as others have said, you would do well to investigate the cost of living where you are considering moving to. I suspect it will be significantly higher than Indiana.

Good Luck!
    Definitely check out FNN (fishingnetwork.net) You will find me on there with my reports. I live within 30 min from Castaic Lake, Castaic Lagoon, Pyramid Lake, and Lake Piru.