Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery operated air pumps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Battery operated air pumps

I have used a couple different brands over the last few years but have yet to find one that will last more than a month. I am needing a new minnow bucket after using the Frabil Min-O-Life. I kinda like the smaller size, (smaller than a 5 gallon bucket).

Just looking for a new minnow bucket and i want to find a battery operated air pump that will last at least a year. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy of mine has one that runs on batterys or you can plug it into a 110 outlet. Its been working great. Cost around $30+ But last good. I will be picking one up my self soon.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know what brand it was?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Minn-o-Life and have had zero problems with it. Had it for more than a year. I take the batteries out of it after each use, but I store it on the boat in a locker. It has the little lite on it that is useless, since I don't do much night fishing.

Its quiet and I've been happy with it. Runs forever on 2 D cells.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Frabil pump is very quiet. Mine's been working well for the second year now....on the same batteries.

BTW, I only run mine a little bit and then turn it off for awhile. As long as the minnows stay in the bottom of the bucket I leave it off. When they start coming to the top of the water I cut it back on for a little while.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine hooks up to my crank battery. I ran aquarium line to the front for the minnow bucket and have an in-line valve so I can control the amount of air. Quiet.. Been using same one for over 5 years. Plan to run a switch up front for it, but haven't gotten around to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Frabil last year and after about a month, it started actin up, would only work part of the time ect... What I found was the inside of the switch where the contacts are had corroded. I dissasembled it, little parts shot out, cussed and crawled around on the floor huntin' em' down which is hard on a fat boy, cleaned the contacts, and packed the inside of the switch body and contacts with grease. worked perfect since. I also bought two sets of recargable batteries and a charger. Those things are great.
    :D
    Give the laziest man the hardest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I bought at least 5 of those dang Bubble boxes last year. They work well when the unit operates I just can't find one to last more than a few weeks.Not real cheap either. Let me know if you come up with a good answer to this question or find a better brand yourself.
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Used lot of batteries,until I switched over to the 12 volt machine. Also on the 12v one comes with a splitter in case you have a fishing partner can run two buckets at once.:D
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    Used lot of batteries,until I switched over to the 12 volt machine. Also on the 12v one comes with a splitter in case you have a fishing partner can run two buckets at once.:D
    LittleJohn
    What is name of 12v unit? I have a 12v plug at front of boat.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast