Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Panfish Assassin Jig

Morphine Guest

Default Panfish Assassin Jig

Has anyone used these? I stocked up on about 5 different colors today from a local Wal-mart. They are made by the same company that makes Bass Assassin. Just curious, they look like quality pieces.

Morphine Guest

I forgot to ask if anyone knew how to rig these up in detail since I am still a nubie.

Post Thanks / Like

I thread 'em onto a 1/32 oz jighead just like you would a tube or twister tail. I've also had success drop shotting them on a bare hook. I put the hook just into the front of the bait - kinda like lip hooking a minnow.

The best arrangement I've used these bodies with is on a jighead with a spinner attachment.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Panfish Assassin

Morphine, I have had some success with the panfish assassin using a white roadrunner lure, Removing the road runner body and installing the panfish assassin body on it. I think the size of the roadrunner was 1/16 oz. I was casting with a slow retrive,Autiger had some good advice about trolling . I hope you find something that realy works for you and you catch your limit. Good Fishing ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Panfish Assassin-Big Zig

Hello Big Zig, Thanks for your help ! Also welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com JimmyS.
    Last edited by JimmyS; 10-01-2004 at 08:19 AM. Reason: wrong name

Morphine Guest

Thanks for the info. It really helps.