Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Calm Day on Toledo Bend

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Calm Day on Toledo Bend

Finally we had a day we could get out on the lake and fish without fighting Mother Nature. Even though the temp started in the 20's this morning we waited till about 9:30 to head out. Terry Cole from the Houston area came in for a day of crappie action, and he hit it right. We were at back the lodge by 4:30 and had 42 nice fish. The same pattern is working with both chartreuse and white jigs at about 12' to 14' deep in about 20' of water. It was one of those pitch and fall kind of days were the jig never stops. I hope this last forever, I think I died and went to crappie heaven. Doesn’t look like the next couple of day’s weather is going to allow too much fishing. I hope to attach a couple of pics, but i'm not sure i know how.
    ThumpE
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    accommodations and guide service
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com
    Keep what you need, Release the rest, Protect the resource.

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice bunch of fish . Good job

BIG LEO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson
    Finally we had a day we could get out on the lake and fish without fighting Mother Nature. Even though the temp started in the 20's this morning we waited till about 9:30 to head out. Terry Cole from the Houston area came in for a day of crappie action, and he hit it right. We were at back the lodge by 4:30 and had 42 nice fish. The same pattern is working with both chartreuse and white jigs at about 12' to 14' deep in about 20' of water. It was one of those pitch and fall kind of days were the jig never stops. I hope this last forever, I think I died and went to crappie heaven. Doesn’t look like the next couple of day’s weather is going to allow too much fishing. I hope to attach a couple of pics, but i'm not sure i know how.
    ThumpE
    Ok Mark you are driving The Jigster and I crazy:D We have 8 more days till we get there for our 3 day trip and man are they dragging by. Hope the patern holds through next weekend. By the way nice pictures. See you in 8 days.

Big Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Save us about 3 dozen just like the ones your client is holding in the pics.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Das some good lookin crappie ,way at goo!!!