Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North American Fishing Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default North American Fishing Club

I have been a life member for many years and just wondered how many other life members are on here and what your thiughts are on the new Trophy Life Membership. One thing, I do think the magazine for life was worth most of the cost of the life membership. Here is the only real gripe I have. I have only ever gotten 1 product to test it it's value may have been $3.00. Now they want us to upgrade by paying another $129.95. I just think it is a way to get more money from the life members. Your thought please!!
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a Life Member just about from their start. I have never gotten to test any products yet. A few years ago I notified them to stop sending me the video's and garbage and then billing me for them. They billed me for something I didn't even receive and when I called them they said I owed it and needed to pay it. I told them not to send anything to me without my asking for something in the future and I would put it in writing and would be sending it to them. The last 3 or 4 mag I haven't even looked at. No, I won't be upgrading my lifetime membership. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I have been a Life Member just about from their start. I have never gotten to test any products yet. A few years ago I notified them to stop sending me the video's and garbage and then billing me for them. They billed me for something I didn't even receive and when I called them they said I owed it and needed to pay it. I told them not to send anything to me without my asking for something in the future and I would put it in writing and would be sending it to them. The last 3 or 4 mag I haven't even looked at. No, I won't be upgrading my lifetime membership. EB
    I went thru that too. The last time it was a silver coin or something like that. I just let it lay on my work bench for several months and ignored their letters. I finally sent it back with a note saying that anything else I received from them without ordering I was either just going to keep it or throw it away, whatever I felt like doing at the time. But no way was I going to pay for it. I haven't received anything else.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

The only Magazine I truely liked was the In-Fisherman while the Linders owned it. When they left so did the quality of the magazine. Al use to tell you how to go to a different lake and be able to fish it successfully. That you didn't need a lot of equipment to catch fish. When they left the TV and Mag changed to forget how to catch fish just get a guide and he will show you how to get fish. I let my subscription run out and don't even watch any fishing shows anymore. The good fishing shows and mags are all advertising now with very little content on fishing. Things have changed and not for the better in my opinion. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

All the mags are getting bad, I got my copy of Game and Fish yesterday and only 64 pages and 32 pages of advertising. I won't be renewing any of my mags.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed upon everything 100%. They tried to get me on videos, coins, who knows what else.

As far as the magazine(s), you end up with the same acticles re-written about every 3 years. The Game and Fish are the worst, at least Indiana. Wanna know the 5 Hoosier Hotspots for crappie, bass, bluegill, and catfish.....well, just get a subscription, they'll remind you year after year. :rolleyes:

Jiggin_Joe is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah they got me with books im trying to stop getting now grrrrrrrrrrrrr im a donk for even signing up!!!! new it was stupid to begin with

JJ
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jokerpoker/logo.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

What a joke been a life member for 3 years got some good books like the magazines but for the money not worth it.Can't hold a candle to CDC have learned more on here than anywhere and lots of fine folks too so everybody buy from and support your fellow CDC brothers and keep this best site going.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    The only Magazine I truely liked was the In-Fisherman while the Linders owned it. When they left so did the quality of the magazine. Al use to tell you how to go to a different lake and be able to fish it successfully. That you didn't need a lot of equipment to catch fish. When they left the TV and Mag changed to forget how to catch fish just get a guide and he will show you how to get fish. I let my subscription run out and don't even watch any fishing shows anymore. The good fishing shows and mags are all advertising now with very little content on fishing. Things have changed and not for the better in my opinion. EB
    I totally agree. I had the original first 79 issues of the In'Fisherman, which I donated to a local school teacher for his students. The quality of information in these first 10 years was phenomenal. A true pinnacle of fishing expertise. Will never be duplicated again.

BTW...."Lindner's Angling Edge" is still on TV, on the "World Fishing Network" cable listings. Not as good as their earlier stuff, but O.K..
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I think P.T. Barnum had something to say about this...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast