Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bears Service

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bears Service

I just wanted to let everyone know if you are planning on ordering and you are new to pouring, give Bear a call. He answered questions well. Also I had one item missing from my order and so I posted him a message and he called me within 5 minutes. He appoligized and said he would put it in the mail first thing in the morning. He did not ask any questions and he did not disbelieve what I was claiming. He simply said they make mistakes sometimes. I said we all do. He appoligized again and promised to send what was missing. Now that is service I respect. They are having a get together at Guntersville state park and they are going to be demonstrating several things. Injection molds and they will even have an injection machine. Details are on Bears site. They are even going to have food. Sounds like a great event. I dont think I will be able to attend due to my schedule but wanted to pass the info along for the local people. Once again, I recommend Bears for ordering.

Post Thanks / Like

Bear sounds like a nice guy on the phone.

I had a bad experience with his service when he accidentally sent me the wrong mold once. I called and explained what had happened and asked him to send the correct mold and a return shipping label so I could return the mold I did not order which he agreed to do. I had some health issues and following up with him when I did not receive the correct mold took me a couple of months. Once I was able to get his attention, I did get the correct mold but did not get a return shipping label. I had to pay shipping to send the incorrect mold back to finish correcting his mistake. I did send an email letting him know he should have received the return mold and what my shipping costs were but he has chosen not to reply to date.

Other places I deal with will send me an email where I can print a shipping label with charges made to their account and arrange to have the return package picked up when there is an error with the order. It is my opinion that this is correct customer service.

I will only order from him again if he has something that I cannot find anywhere else due to my poor experience. I do hope others use him and things go well. He has quality stuff that can't be found anywhere else.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I sent an email asking about price on getting a mold made about a month ago, no reply.
    DR Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Bear is a very busy person. He has so much going on trying to please so many different people. He is swamped with work and only has minimal help. The thing about that situation is that its a two headed sword. Sometimes he cant keep up and may lose customers because he does not have enough help and because he wants to keep prices low and competative. He could hire more help and speed things up, but then he would have to charge more and when things slowed down he would have to let go of the help. He has not answered all my emails either, but I wont hold that against him. I am sure he gets so many emails he might not be able to return them all. I know the contacts that I have made with him though concerning a mistake on his part, he promptly corrected in a very timely manner. I am sorry some of you have had bad experiences and maybe was not happy with the service. I can understand that. Another thing I have come to understand in life is that all people and businesses fail some of their customers at times. No business is perfect, and we all, "myself included" tend to get a sour view of someone who wrongs us. I wish you better service in the future with whomever you do business with. Thanks for sharing your point of view as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Bear is a very busy person. He has so much going on trying to please so many different people. He is swamped with work and only has minimal help. The thing about that situation is that its a two headed sword. Sometimes he cant keep up and may lose customers because he does not have enough help and because he wants to keep prices low and competative. He could hire more help and speed things up, but then he would have to charge more and when things slowed down he would have to let go of the help. He has not answered all my emails either, but I wont hold that against him. I am sure he gets so many emails he might not be able to return them all. I know the contacts that I have made with him though concerning a mistake on his part, he promptly corrected in a very timely manner. I am sorry some of you have had bad experiences and maybe was not happy with the service. I can understand that. Another thing I have come to understand in life is that all people and businesses fail some of their customers at times. No business is perfect, and we all, "myself included" tend to get a sour view of someone who wrongs us. I wish you better service in the future with whomever you do business with. Thanks for sharing your point of view as well.

It is like my father always said, if you are not making mistakes you are not doing anything!! As long as you can get good service most of the time don't let one mistake keep you from dealing with someone. If people have repeated problems it is then time to go elswhere. In my opinion you should always give someone a second chance.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

magnum, that is exactly what I am saying. we all need second chances, but I know some people have the mindset you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Post Thanks / Like

if God did not give us second chances, just think where we would all be.

Post Thanks / Like

He had and failed his second chance when he failed to reimburse me for shipping the mold back to him. He could have retained my business had he bothered to do that.

I will most likely die from cancer sometime in the next year or two so he isn't out much business from me.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like

PanMan, sorry to hear about your condition. I wish our government would put more money into finding cures for things instead of spending money to force people into things. What kind of Cancer do you have and may God bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    PanMan, sorry to hear about your condition. I wish our government would put more money into finding cures for things instead of spending money to force people into things. What kind of Cancer do you have and may God bless you.
    Cancer of the appendix (very rare) and colon. It was discovered in 2008 when I came down with a large abdominal infection and we decided to take out my appendix as a precaution. I was in remission for a short while but the cancer has fought its way back.
    Keith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast