Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spawn question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawn question

After last years drought our lake was down to 36% full. In the last 3 weeks it has come up to 60% full. The cove where I catch a lot of crappie durning the spawn has a lot of burmuda grass grown up in it durning the drought. . Will the crappie still spawn there or will they go some where else. The cove has always been hot durning the spawn. The water level now in the cove is just about perfect for the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coastal bend View Post
    After last years drought our lake was down to 36% full. In the last 3 weeks it has come up to 60% full. The cove where I catch a lot of crappie durning the spawn has a lot of burmuda grass grown up in it durning the drought. . Will the crappie still spawn there or will they go some where else. The cove has always been hot durning the spawn. The water level now in the cove is just about perfect for the spawn.
    I sure wouldn't think they would go anyplace else.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion, but I think with alot of the lakes being real low for the pat year or three and vegetation having had time to grow like it did, we're gonna find it harder to locate the spots alot of the crappie are going to be spawning in. There's just going to be SO MUCH structure under the water now that was on dry land and if the cover isn't visibly sticking out of the water it'll be easliy overlooked. I believe all species of fish will have a GREAT spawn this year. IMO youre one up on alot of folks knowing about the grass in that cove youre talking about. It oughta produce some slab crappie.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.