HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two color jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two color jigs

how do yall keep the colors from bleeding together

like orange and chart
    and pink and chart

Post Thanks / Like

It's impossible when you pour. Trial and error was the best way for me to learn what works best.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

most colors are non bleed, but I know that lurecraft fl. yellow will bleed

Post Thanks / Like

I know to get a good bond I have heard it said to have your colors heated and ready to go so you can do it back to back with bot being hot. Is this necessary on tubes though if you do a solid color say like chartruese then let it cool and tip it in white. Would it bond or come off? I was thinking if it stayed on you could seal it by dipping the whole thing back in clear for a good seal. Will this work? Without a lot of room to work with and not knowing much yet about dipping I thought I would keep it safe for a while and play with one color at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I know to get a good bond I have heard it said to have your colors heated and ready to go so you can do it back to back with bot being hot. Is this necessary on tubes though if you do a solid color say like chartruese then let it cool and tip it in white. Would it bond or come off? I was thinking if it stayed on you could seal it by dipping the whole thing back in clear for a good seal. Will this work? Without a lot of room to work with and not knowing much yet about dipping I thought I would keep it safe for a while and play with one color at a time.
    It can cool when "dipping" ... good idea to to dip with clear if you want a tougher tube.

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Is this necessary on tubes though if you do a solid color say like chartruese then let it cool and tip it in white. Would it bond or come off? I was thinking if it stayed on you could seal it by dipping the whole thing back in clear for a good seal. Will this work? Without a lot of room to work with and not knowing much yet about dipping I thought I would keep it safe for a while and play with one color at a time.
    That is how I dip my tubes, but I have just the opposite problem with LC Flor. Chartruese does not bleed but, if I pour transparent chartruese and dip white over that, in a week times the chartruese bleeds into the white. Same goes for pink, so I do not use transparent chartruese at all. I do not pour the tail hot either, I pour body's one night and dip the head the next night. You cannot pell them apart without tearing them.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I take it the fluorescent chartreuse and the transparent charteuse are different colors. I cant remember right off which one I ordered. I think it was Fluor and I really wanted transparent. Will the fluorescent be transparent if I just use like one drop in two ounces? Also the floeter bubbles, how much do you need to use say like per 2 ounces if you want to make a floating bait?

Post Thanks / Like

Florescent colors have to be added to the plastic before it’s heated. In the bottle florescent chartreuse will be an oblique color meaning you cannot see through it. Regular chartreuse you can see through. Depending on the thickness of the bait the florescent will be semi clear. I add 10 drops of florescent yellow per ounce. And it comes out semi clear enough that I add glitter and you can see it.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion