Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to rig a Bass Assasin on a jighead?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the best way to rig a Bass Assasin on a jighead?

My friend and I had a lengthy discussion today on how to rig the bass assasins on a jig. On the bass assasins, on what I call the rounded belly, there are grooves and I said that this is the side the hook comes out. My friend said the opposite and before you knew it, we were both beginning to wonder who was right and who was wrong? Any comments?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Assasins

I got a chuckle out of your post because I've often wondered the very same thing! I really don't think it matters, but I did see an article in some mag showing the flat side down and the jig head's hook coming up through the round side. The wiggling tail is the main attraction! Great bait.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it makes any difference to the fish. :D
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I too rig them with flat side down and the hook out the round side, but not sure it makes any difference.

This brings up how hook a crappie stinger? hmmmmm
    If I can be half the man my Dad is, or a fourth the man my Grandfather is, I can rest in peace that my time on earth meant something.

Post Thanks / Like

flat side down with a drop of super glue cuz they come off easily..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick response guys ..... but here was our main topic of discussion and why we got confused. Lol If you look at any picture in the supplier's catalog or whomever sells them, they are always showing the flat side up with the rounded belly underneath ... which leads one to believe that this is what it is suppose to look like when rigged properly. In other words, the tail is straight out from the flat side and the belly rounds up into the tail.

Post Thanks / Like

I rig them flat side up. Seems to be less plastic in the way of a good hook-up that way?

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with cherokee...flat side up so there is a bigger gap for better hook sets
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if it makes a difference or not but If Im shooting docks I put the flat side up,It just seems to skip better with the rounded side down.If Im dipping into brush I fish the flat side down,seems to fall with more action this way.I had to edit after I read the original post again. I assumed you were talking about a panfish assasins.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

i but the flat side down in shallow water. the flat side makes the bait fall just a little slower. when in deeper water i put the round belly down so it doesnt take as long to get to the bottom. thats the way i do it. dont know if it really matters but it seems to work for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast