Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boat coverage

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat coverage

i was just wondering how many fishermen out there that have boats have insurance and dont have it on ther boats??? Im not going to be fishing bass tourament this year so i dont need those high payments each months for the tourament insurance. i was talking to a couple of my buddies that have boats and they dont fish tourament anymore also and they both dont have insurance on ther boats.. so i called state farm and talked to them and they told me that i dont need it unless i owe on the boat, and they went on to tell me that when towing the boat to and from the lake it is covered under my truck and when it is parked at home it is covered under my home owner. so if i go that route i wont be covered on the water but fishing smithville and truman i would need it for all of those water mines out there. so im thinking about just getting liabilatly on it that only covers the hull and motor. soim just wondering if anyone out there dont have caverage on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Are you saying just liability or liability and comprehensive for the underwater mines? Just got my boat so I need to check on that.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure what you are paying for boat insurance but mine is less then $175.00 per year for full coverage plus increased liability of $500,000. Just not worth it to me to go without for that price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I am not sure what you are paying for boat insurance but mine is less then $175.00 per year for full coverage plus increased liability of $500,000. Just not worth it to me to go without for that price.
    what u were paying for a yr is close to what i was paying a month but dont forget i was fishing touraments... that sum had to have up 1 million in coverage but most was 400,000 so i was paying for the extra coverage if i drop it down to 250000 its goin to be 575.00 a yr. i have called diffent insurance companies and thats the cheapest i have found but if i stay with state farm and just insure the hual and motor its only 390.00 a month.... it just seems kinda high just for that so thats why i was just asking

Post Thanks / Like

WOW that is high, I have never paid that amount for any boat I have owned. I understand now.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to go to bassboatcentral.com look on the BBC Boards for Insurance 101. There is a guy named Bob who writes the boat insurance for a lot of guys on there. It would not hurt to give him a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds unreal to me

the most I have ever paid and that was fishing tournaments and all was $225 a year..... and that is with a 235 hp motor...... running a 150 now and it is $200 a year........ American Family...... been with them for over 30 years.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I used Bob for my insurance. 250 a year and it covers everything. He'll explain it all and take care of you. I have talked to my rep several times, and she's always had answers right away.

Saying you don't need insurance is a strange idea to me. Not having insurance on your boat leaves you open for a lot of problems and financial heartache.

Plus, If I hit a floater and tear something up, or sink the boat, I get repair or replacement for the amount I've insured the boat for.

I hope I never need it, but glad I have it in case I do.

IMO, worth every dollar.

Post Thanks / Like

pole bender
    thanks for the info on bob on bbc i have emailed him and he already got back with me and it looks like tomorrow im goin to sign up with him ill get more info from him when i call himbut from what he said ill be saving alot more with him and ill get more coverage than throw state farm

and once again thanks to u guys on here for all the great info that you all can find and give

thanks champ (brian)

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend you carry insurance Champ. Not only if you hit underwater hazards but if you hit another boat you will wish you had it. I am covered for boat,liability and contents with state farm.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast