Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ice Fishing

Anyone ready for ice fishing yet? I just got my new HT Escape shelter/sled and just waiting for safe ice to try it out. If yo uhave any fishing reports for LAke Carlton in Morrison, IL let me know what and where you are catching fish.

Thanks,

Jbird68
    jbird68
    Morrison, IL
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default ice fishing

jbird - Welcome to the board. If this weather is any indication of what it is going to be like this winter, we could have a lengthy ice season. I use to fish the backwaters of the Mississippi up around Savannah and Galena back in the mid 60's before I moved to east central Illinois. Do you ever fish those areas? We use to take some nice crappie and bluegill from those waters back then.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Last year was my first time ice fishing. I only got to go two times. One day it was -20 deg F. I didn't really get that cold as long as my back was to the wind and I had a thermos full of HOT chocolate. I got a good deal on a HT Escape shelter from Cabela's. If you spend more than $200 you get $25 off. I got a shelter and an ice rod bag for $208 including shipping. Looking at getting a good pair of boots. Cabela's has some nice boots on their website.
    As far as fishing other places, I've only been to Lake Carlton at the State Park here. We have two daughters and a one year old son who may limit my time on the ice this year. I am getting the itch to go though.
    jbird68
    Morrison, IL
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Be sure to wait untill the ice is plenty thick enough. The lake I live on is only frozen in places and I would never get out on it.