Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: early spawn crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default early spawn crappie

South Louisiana report ,at the end of January the crappie moved in for an early spawn..had 3 days of 70 degree air temps. water temp was 56-60 degrees..had over 70 fish the first day..3 fish in the 2lb range..then the cold set in, river went up...fish turned off..still managed to land some nice fish..but the numbers were lower..the latest report as of today is that the water temps are in the 40s-50s..crappie fishing has been poor..the good news is that the red fish are on fire...man this is a great place to live...i love crappie fishing..but i am grateful to have another resource when it gets tough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfish11 View Post
    South Louisiana report ,at the end of January the crappie moved in for an early spawn..had 3 days of 70 degree air temps. water temp was 56-60 degrees..had over 70 fish the first day..3 fish in the 2lb range..then the cold set in, river went up...fish turned off..still managed to land some nice fish..but the numbers were lower..the latest report as of today is that the water temps are in the 40s-50s..crappie fishing has been poor..the good news is that the red fish are on fire...man this is a great place to live...i love crappie fishing..but i am grateful to have another resource when it gets tough
    You are lucky indeed!
    "Insanity is inherited, you get it from your kids."

Mike Epperson

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Used to live 5 minutes from the St. Johns River and 45 minutes from Mosquito Lagoon in FL before moving to TN almost 5 yrs ago. I know of which you speak. Had a lot of good days fishing, but the move was the best thing for me. Love it here.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Kyle Schoenherr is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see someone getting um! The lakes are still froze up here for the most part.

www.AllSeasonsCrappieFishing.com - 2x National Champion
    B'n'M Pro Staff - Road Runner Pro Staff - Lowrance Pro Staff - Tru Turn Pro Staff
    Harvest Clean Pro Staff - Midsouth Pro Staff - Titelok Pro Staff - Engels Pro Staff
    CrappieNow - Rend Lake Resort - Kinkaid Sportsman Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I feel the urge to fish coming on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dawg View Post
    Man, I feel the urge to fish coming on.
    I hear ya. I have been kicking around the idea of hitting the reservoir spillway tomorrow. Only place other than the river that would have open water.