Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What make engine do you think is trust worthy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What make engine do you think is trust worthy?

Howdy guys,

I am considering the purchase of a new engine for my boat. I am using a 90 HP Mercury and I love it to death. Only problem is I think I did loved it to death. lol :D

So I was thinking about getting another Mercury but upgrade to the four stroke version. I am choosing this solely because I had very little trouble out of my Mercury. But I am willing to look into other manufacturers if anyone can tell me what make they trust and advise.

Thanks for any help,

~Fishin' Magician~

Oh yeah I am looking for a 90 HP 4 stroke with full power.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hey

I have Merc 60 4 stroker. I love it, but I don't wanna love it to death.....ha..I prob got something bigger, but that is max hp on me small boat.................
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I too have Merc (150 hp) that I am very happy with. Have freind who has a Yamaha that after fishing with him if I was to trade motors I'd go to yamie.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 90HP Mercury. I have the Optimax and I love it. I would definately recommend another Merc

Post Thanks / Like

I'm VERY happy with my 140 Suzuki Four Stroke. I run it nearly every day and it's very reliable and easy on gas.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to do?????

FM; you've seen mine and you probably know I'm partial. I LOVE my Yamaha, buuutttt it's the only big motor I've ever had. Got friends with Honda, Nissans, Suzukis, and Mitshus and all of them are happy. Don't want to knock anyone's pride and joy so in the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that!!" It's kindof like different poles. It's what's you're happy and confident with as long as it gets you there.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Default The kind that crank and ruuuuuuun!

The kind that crank and ruuuuuuun ruuuuuuun ruuuuuuun ruuuuuuun!:D

I can stand a little miss every once in a while. But if it won't crank that really pi**es me off!

Neah, they all good. Get you a four stroke man!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the quick replies. My engine has been used by 3 different people and its previous owners did not love it as much as I do. They had it hooked up to a ski boat for one. Which just plain made it unhappy...

lol but worse then that its got a bent broken keel that I have just considered its "character"... I think they must have hit some rocks or concrete.

But the latest injury it made clear on Sunday when it started slipping out of gear when brought to a plane. LaBill has comforted me though and said it might be a minor restoration. But I will prob still sell/trade it in on a 4 stroke with a full keel once it's repaired...

~Fishin' Magician~
    Last edited by Fishin_Magician; 12-05-2005 at 06:40 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default But, on the other hand..

I have a 1962 Johnson. Still running fine. Not that many "blackies" still kicking around with this date code...ha...I've had lots of motors. Never had a lot of trouble with any of them. Trick is...Take care of "em..........
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suzuki or Johnson/Evinrude

I also have a Suzuki 140hp four stroke. Blew a Merc earlier in the year and it was a blessing, all in all. I don't wish to ever own another two stroke ever.
    As far as I have been told, Suzuki makes the four stroke for Johnson/Evinrude. So, either would be my top pick. They are great motors and thus far beat Merc in dependability in my book. And, that counts when you run one most every day.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast