Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Video - Flyer Action

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Video - Flyer Action

Hit a small lake last weekend here in Northern, MN to chase after some crappies. We had fish suspended from 25'-45' down in a 60' hole. The rainbow/glow rattl'n flyer bagged some decent fish. This bait has been a hot one for me the last two years! Anyone else found this to be their hot bait? Seems that tipping it with two wax worms is the key.

Here is some footage of the outing....

YouTube - Ice Fishing for Crappies

Bassman

Post Thanks / Like

nice video man id love to try that sometime

Post Thanks / Like

Where's the portable shed and your gloves?

Post Thanks / Like

Mice ate the fabric on my house this summer and I haven't replaced it yet. The bite was too fast to get the gloves back on. Hands only get cold when the fishing is slow. :D

I prefer to punch 30-50 holes and stay on the move. Pulling a shelter along just slows a guy down. The schools of crappies were very skittish....catch a couple and you would have to move. Several times I would drop the marcum down and mark fish but by the time I got the bait down to 30'-40' they fish were gone.

Bassman

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed your flasher might be set to high, to much gain will scatter the fish. Granite

Post Thanks / Like

The "clutter" on the flasher is just from the camera....like when you record a tv or computer screen.

Bassman

Post Thanks / Like

one other piece of info....I added a wide angle lense to my Flip Mino camera. You do have to glue a piece to your camera but it works great! There are a couple good youtube vids on "how to".

Bassman

Kyle Schoenherr is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice video. I might look into one of those cameras for my guide service. Seems like that would work well.

www.AllSeasonsCrappieFishing.com - 2x National Champion
    B'n'M Pro Staff - Road Runner Pro Staff - Lowrance Pro Staff - Tru Turn Pro Staff
    Harvest Clean Pro Staff - Midsouth Pro Staff - Titelok Pro Staff - Engels Pro Staff
    CrappieNow - Rend Lake Resort - Kinkaid Sportsman Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine guides in Alaska and he shoots vids with this camera for his clients. Some of the bass pros (Jason Quin) are using it while prefishing.

I shot fishing footage for a couple of years but missed out on some of the better trips because it was hard to capture footage...especially when alone or wading a river. I also head up to the Boundary Water Canoe Area where your pack weight is key. Lugging around a quality camera wasn't worth it. I saw the hatcam on youtube and have been hooked ever since! I like the fact that you record everything you see...you just have to slow down your head movement a bit so the camera can keep up. I used the Mino last weekend in -15 to 25 degree temps and it worked just fine.

Bassman

Post Thanks / Like

looks like fun