Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many rods and reels are enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many rods and reels are enough?

I was over to my fishing partners one day and we were just sitting around when I noticed how many rods he had. We decided to take a count and found he had approximately 100 hanging on the wall of his shop. He has everything from ul to deepsea rigs. I asked why he had so many and his reply was you can never have enough. I wish I knew how many were enough and how many were too many. It must be something catching. Since I started fishing with him I have started finding that mine are multiplying. My wife thinks I have too many. How many are too many? I need help trying to find the answer to this question.
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Post Thanks / Like

When you have all you want then you have one too many.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2fshmore
    I was over to my fishing partners one day and we were just sitting around when I noticed how many rods he had. We decided to take a count and found he had approximately 100 hanging on the wall of his shop. He has everything from ul to deepsea rigs. I asked why he had so many and his reply was you can never have enough. I wish I knew how many were enough and how many were too many. It must be something catching. Since I started fishing with him I have started finding that mine are multiplying. My wife thinks I have too many. How many are too many? I need help trying to find the answer to this question.
    id say enough was whatever it takes to satisfy your wants.. some folks are satisfied with just a few and some folks, like me, are never satisfied . i wouldnt worry about how many others think is enough for you. make your own self happy and not let others dictate to you what its gonna take to satisfy your wants.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you can never have too much fishin stuff!!! :D
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

2fish...rango is right. have as many or as few as you can use. if you leave it at home most of the time, you probably don't need it. Myself, I have 3 baitcast outfits all are 6'6" Medium heavy rods with different tip actions and I have two spinning outfits. 1 Medium Heavy for bass and one light for crappie. I use one of my baitcasters with a light tip for crappie fishing also.
    Scott

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I thnink there is a law that if they come out with a new rig that really looks good to you, you have to try it. Therefore, you will never have enough. :D
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

no such thing as to many, I have thirty somthing and I use them all at some point through out the year, and I am still looking at new ones
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see
    25 for crappie
    10 for catfish
    12 for bass
    and then theres the bunch that is just have..
    Pete

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When you get served divorce papers you bought 1 to many. LOL

BIG LEO

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

lol nice one bella.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast