Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 1/2" or 2" crappie tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 1/2" or 2" crappie tubes

was thinking about pouring my own jigs this year. I have been doing research but still dont quite understand the process. Are there no molds made for the above size tubes? also, do you buy the plastic in the color you want or buy the color to pour into the plastic? Probably some dumb questions but any info would greatly help. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

there are no molds for small tubes like that. plastic is clear then you must add pigment to get your color

Post Thanks / Like

there is a huge demand for tubes in that size and I am sure someone will soon have a mold of that size on the market. Like crappieday said though, right now there is not any. One guy says he has some made but is trying to get stock up before selling them. However as crappieday warned me, he has not been a man of his word.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the responses. you would think that someone would have a mold out by now. Hopefully soon. thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

When you say TUBES do mean hollow bodies or solid bodies? Some people consider both of them TUBES.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

i actually meant either/or. What does everyone call the solid bodies?

Post Thanks / Like

id like to have a couple thousand solid black, hollow tube jigs. in both sizes 1-1/2 and 2 inch

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I asked is the jig bodies that I make are 2 inches long. They are solid body jigs. A lot of people like the hollow tubes so they can inject nibbles in them. I like the solid bodies because for me they last longer.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up To make a hollow Tube

To make a hollow Tube ... most are "Dipped"

For a good Tutorial go to Tackle Underground and serch for Bojon ... he has an excellent CD ... worth every cent he charges and he is glad to answer any questions you have on dipping tubes ... could go over all the many things but I think if you get a copy of that CD will answer them ...

Hope that helps.

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

Bojohn actually gave me a complete tutorial through emails, which I really appreciate cause he did if free of charge. crappieday gave a tutorial on here free of charge as well and appreciate all the help from everyone. I finally made me some dipping rods and took a picture of a few of them. I also made me a lizard mold out of plaster of paris. The pic did not turn out great but you can see that it looks pretty decent for a first mold. I received my order of plastic and colors, now I have to get a microwave and hope for a warmer and rain free day so I can get out and play with it "safety first"
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast