Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GPS question

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question GPS question

I am going to purchase a GPS soon and I am looking at the Garmin eTrex Legend. Have any of you guys used this GPS and did you buy the CD map and download any of it? I guess my question is this a good unit or is there others around the same price range that is better?

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

go to garmin . com find link for on line dealers i just bought a 76 map for 179.87 BIG SAVEINGS you will see a lot of stores check them all diferent prices my best on what i got was gps discount you can call the factory for product support at 18008001020
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Garmin Etrex Legend last week, I havent played with it yet. I just got my name and all that logged into it. I will probably try to figure it out some within the next couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Etrex VISTA. No additional mapping software installed. Has my lake and everything already in it. No "back street" are on it but I only use mine for

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys give me something to assure me lol. Guess if my name was Canepole, Weezur or Jerry Blake some of you would give me some advise. Oh yeah I forgot Fatboy lol. Just Kidding dont all you get in a up roar just post some thoughts on this GPS.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Drift_Wood
    Come on guys give me something to assure me lol. Guess if my name was Canepole, Weezur or Jerry Blake some of you would give me some advise. Oh yeah I forgot Fatboy lol. Just Kidding dont all you get in a up roar just post some thoughts on this GPS.
    Ha.... Garmin good stuff. I got the 276c. Also got the 128mb mem stick with it. I use fishing hot spots map. I will never go back to grayscale. Friend of mine has legend. He likes it. I also have garmin 76. I like it too. But I like the big screen and the color that comes with the 276c mostest. $600.00.. It only money.....................
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

sac-a-lait how do you know if it already has lakes in it. I am dumb when it comes to anything electronic. I have been reading my book and realize how little I know about this stuff, I'm not sure I will even figure out how to use the device. Where can i find some downloadable stuff for my etrex legend and does it cost money to download it?

Post Thanks / Like

All depends on what YOU want your GPS unit to be able to do.

Check out the following websites
    http://www.garmin.com/aboutGPS/

http://www.garmin.com/aboutGPS/manual.html

Also at the Garmin site
    http://www.garmin.com/outdoor/
    you can do a comparision of the various Garmin units. Gives you information on number of waypoints, number of routes, etc.

The "eTrex" does not have additional maps available is one thing I notice. I have just recently upgraded from Garmin Geko 201 to Garmin GPSMap 76. I'm still on the learning curve as to how to use the GPSMap 76, but with it I can upload maps such as 'Fishing hotpsots' or similar.

I've got the Garmin Geko 201 listed in the "Swap Meet" section. I'm selling the unit with PC cable for less that the list price of the "eTrek" alone.

Hope this helps you, but the main question is waht do you expect to be able to do with what ever GPS unit you decide on. Lots to choose from and wide range of prices.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a garmin 72 still learnning how to use it myself . just got it to mark condoes i hope if i can learn how to do that i will be satisfied . got a tape at walmart listed for $9.95 . it was on sale for $4.95. it has ben a big help .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Garmin Map 76 and like it very much. It is also good to use in a vehicle because it has built in maps of most major roads.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast