Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: line choice

Post Thanks / Like

Default line choice

It seems as though I have been using Trilene XL 6# test for crappie fishing for years, mainly for fishing tube jigs. Are there any of these new-fangled lines (or other lines) that I could use instead of it? I have always used this line because it seems to stay limp and doesn't seem to get kinky, even when used on a small spooled reel. I would like to get something a bit stronger (so I don't break off so much), but I hate to go to a heavier line and make it more visible to the fish. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a braid like Power Pro or Fireline. 10# PP is much thinner than your 6# Trilene. Same goes for Fireline.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I switched around quite a few times trying different brand of lines. Even used a few flourocarbon lines and finally went back to what is tried and true to me....Trilene line. I did move up from 4# to 6# though. I also have added some longlining rods to my arsenol and wanted some hi-vis line. None in my hometown but ran across some Wally Marshall line so I'm fixing to give that a shot and see how well I like it.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.