Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Jig Swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rabbit Jig Swap

Only limitation nothing bigger than 1/8 oz. Any color any configuration up to each individual tyer. Any and all skill levels are welcome to sign-up. Jig has to have some rabbit it on it or all rabbit tyer may add as many different materials as deemed necessary to complete "le jig de resitance." Apologies to the French speaking peoples of the world.

In my mind these swaps encourage us to try new techniques and materials. I have not decided on how many tyers just yet. Will update sign ups as often as I can.

Only reason I would cancel it is we don't get enough tyers. If we get at least 12 I would consider it worth doing.

Main thing is to have some fun with this swap and as I mentioned before its " official title " will be " wascally wabbit jig swap ".

I want this to be a "STEALTH " swap. Absolutely no pix of swap jigs until the completion of swap. That way be like a little christmas or jigmas whichever.
    Discussion of said jigs of course is encouraged.

Will announce end of sign up and completion dated and all that other jazz later if enough tyers sign up.
    Last edited by hays47; 02-14-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF

Post Thanks / Like

count me in

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

You are IN
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Post Thanks / Like

Put me on the list please.....

IMO - you may wanna cut-off the number a little lower, maybe 6 or 8. Too many in this one and it could get to be expensive on the material.... the rabbit strips anyway. Just my 2 cents, and I want in either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, throw me in too.
    Don't expect miracles from me with wabbit strips, only tied a few and
    have no idea what pattern to pick. Having said that, the only way to get better is to keep on tying. So, there you have my commitment and excuse!!
    Crappiekiller3

Sittin here wishin I was out fishin!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Line up so far
    1, Hays47
    2. Flybuster
    3. AtticaFish
    4. Crappiekiller3

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm guess there is not too much interest in tying rabbit jigs. If sign up are still stalled out in a couple more days will cancel this swap. That way somebody else can start one that more tyers are interested in.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in and with Attica too many and it will get expensive fast, using more than one bag of strips can pose a problem as well as two bags of the same color that isn't a single color can vary greatly from bag to bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Jubs yopu are in . I wouldn't worry about number going too high. If we get eight tyers that will be enough. But no more than 12. Hows that sound ?

I buy my rabbit already stripped by the 1/2 hide. Think the price is 4.89 with free shipping. Buying by the little bags I could see that it would be expensive.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to tie some rabbit jigs.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast