Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what about the crappie magnet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what about the crappie magnet?

has anyone tried them? i bought some but haven't been able to go try them yet. looks to me like it's the real deal.

old

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie magnets

what are they?

Post Thanks / Like

Wife gave me a Crappie Magnet kit for birthday, haven't tried them yet, but, see no reason they won't work, about like most other plastic bodies available.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hudnut View Post
    what are they?

the difference is in the jig not the "skirt." i don't know if i'm allowed to post the website here so i won't until told i can. i think the jig will make a world of difference in crappie fishing.

old

Post Thanks / Like

you can post the website people do it all the time. I would like to see what you are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

They are really good for bluegills & shellcracker also. I don't use the grub that comes with them. I use a small curly tail of some kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Trout Magnet Store and Sore Lipper Online Community for Crappie Trout Lures | Troutmagnet.com

you can't really tell from the pictures but the jig is made where it hangs level in the water. supposed not to have to keep moving the line in the eye like on ordinary jigs. the guy that put me on them swears by them but you know how fishermen are.

old

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a few and never caught a fish on them. Waste of money inmy opinion

Post Thanks / Like

I had alot of good fishing with the trout magnet in ponds. It is smaller than the crappie magnet. white body with pink tail, gold colored mealworm, rootbeer, white body chart. tail, have all produced. open the hook up a little, and put some scent on the body, smelly jelly anise and craw is what I used. also used a very small bobber about the size of a nickle with a peice of lead in the bottom, nothing over 4 lb. test line. or they won't move right.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried a Trout Magnet under a small float for panfish near a brushpile once last year. Neither crappies nor bluegills would touch it, though both took a small marabou jig under the float before and after I tried the Magnet.

I'll try it again, but with Smelly Jelly and the new crappie.com jig scent. I do like the horizontal hang.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast