Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kipawa Props

Post Thanks / Like

Question Kipawa Props

Hey Fellers::
    Are any of you using the Kipawa prop ? They advertise them as 99 percent weed free and more power.If any of you are using them, I'd appreciate your take on them..Thanks.
    Norm

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hey Fellers::
    Are any of you using the Kipawa prop ? They advertise them as 99 percent weed free and more power.If any of you are using them, I'd appreciate your take on them..Thanks.
    Norm
    I tried one and didn't notice that much difference. They will take a beating though.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kipawa prop

I have one on my MG and love it. I was having some boat control problems in high wind and switched to the Kipawa. It allows me more control at less RPMs which means longer use per battery charge.

Bill

Jo! Guest

Default Not much truth i think...

Hi all

1. Have read customers' feedbacks on KIPAWA's site. Nice people, but they DONT understand what does POWER and SPEED exactly mean.
    PROP CAN NOT INCREASE BOTH OF THESE PARAMETERS. If we incr. the POWER (wich means we increase THRUST) - WE DECREASE SPEED. And vice versa. We can regulate all these params with "STEP OF PROP" (dunno if u call it same in english, but ppl who knows the subject will understand me). More SOP means more speed and less thrust.
    (SOP = PITCH. Have read some info )

2. There's exactly this prop ON THE MOTORGUIDE's site. (MODEL G 3-Blade Hydrilla Hacker (3.5" Hub) MGA502A1). AND IT IS DESCRIBED AS "WEEDLESS & DURABILITY" and is not positioned as model D (MGA089B Speed & Efficiency).
    Make conclusions. :rolleyes:

IN MY SITUATION - I can lose a THRUST (POWER) for SPEED, as my boat weighs not as much as motor is able to push. Thats why I would try to change prop and put MOTORGUIDE's SPEED PROP (see above) on MinnKota motor.

Now 2 quests

1. IMPORTANT (for me :D ):
    Can I attach MOTORGUIDE props to Minn Kota? Do they have same or universal mounts?

2. Has anyone tried using these props on MinnKota? I mean MotorGuide speed prop and Kipawa prop instead of usual MinnKota props Your feelings?

THANKS!!! :p
    Last edited by Jo!; 02-08-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Kipawa and the Motor Guide Hydrilla Hacker is the same prop, I think Motor Guide bought the rights to it. I have one and have had it over a year and so far I am happy with it. I have a Jen-su blade on my motor and with that and the Kipawa prop it will go through a lot of weeds. I fish Guntersville alot and there you need all the help you can get with the weeds. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack