Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Create 6.3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Map Create 6.3

Anyone out there using Map Create 6.3? I have problems with mine. I can add waypoints, waypoint list, icons on the map but the next day they are gone. I know it is opperator error but still need some help. I also have the MapSource program. It works great but not with my GPS. I have the Lowrance H2O and the Lowrance 4900M.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by krappiekrazy
    Anyone out there using Map Create 6.3? I have problems with mine. I can add waypoints, waypoint list, icons on the map but the next day they are gone. I know it is opperator error but still need some help. I also have the MapSource program. It works great but not with my GPS. I have the Lowrance H2O and the Lowrance 4900M.
    After you add the waypoints, are you going to "File" then "save"?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    After you add the waypoints, are you going to "File" then "save"?
    I thought I did. After you add all your waypoints and lose them for the third time it is time to ask for help. Just started adding waypoints again. Will only add a few at this time. Just in case it happens again. There is something that I have not figured out yet. Still working......
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I did. After you add all your waypoints and lose them for the third time it is time to ask for help. Just started adding waypoints again. Will only add a few at this time. Just in case it happens again. There is something that I have not figured out yet. Still working......
    I am just learning too but I did add some waypoints and then transfered them to my MMC. When I get a chance I'll play around with it some more and see if I can figure out how I did it. I thought I had screwed up somehow but then I read where I have to have the advanced fuction turned on in the H20 to see way points. Turned it on and there they were.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just found that I'm still screwed up. When you save after entering waypoints, it just writes them to the MMC card. I had to put it back in the reader, then clicked show waypoints. Now I need to figure out how to save the MMC to the computer so I can open that GPS file up without putting the MMC back in.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saving Map Create Files

When you get ready to save your waypoints, select File Save, then select Save as GPS Data File, then select where you want to save the file (it will default to the MMC Card, but you can select where you want to save the file and it will be there until you delete it. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckChaser
    When you get ready to save your waypoints, select File Save, then select Save as GPS Data File, then select where you want to save the file (it will default to the MMC Card, but you can select where you want to save the file and it will be there until you delete it. Hope this helps!
    Thanks Speck, I'll give that a try.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Post Sent you an email.

See if it helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Well I just found that I'm still screwed up. When you save after entering waypoints, it just writes them to the MMC card. I had to put it back in the reader, then clicked show waypoints. Now I need to figure out how to save the MMC to the computer so I can open that GPS file up without putting the MMC back in.
    I have saved my waypoints on my pc. Now need to figure how to move them to the MMC. This is a work in progress.
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I have saved my waypoints on my pc. Now need to figure how to move them to the MMC. This is a work in progress.
    I created a map border file of the SE US and save it to a 256K MMC. With that done I can create waypoints on the main map on the computer. With the MMC in the reader, click File then save and it will put the waypoints on the MMC. I put the MMC in the GPS and sure enough, there they were. I don't like that limit of only being able to use just 5 MMCs, but if I get some big enough, I should be OK. In fact that 256K card may be enough for me.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast